Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 16 - Jehovah-Kavod

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Glory. Oh LORD God Almighty, who is like you?

“Oh LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you” (Psalm 89:7).
  • The God of Glory, The Great God, The God of gods and Lord of lords. Ac 7:2; Dt 10:17,Ps 99:9.
  • From Him and through Him and to Him are all things, His is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Rom 11:36; Mt 6:13
  • Greatly to be feared, Wonderful in counsel, Magnificent in wisdom, Perfect in knowledge. Ps 89:7; Ps 90:11; Is 28:29; Job 37:16
  • Infinite in understanding, Majestic in Power, Excellent in greatness, Divine in nature. Ps 147:5; Ex 15: 6; Ps 150:2; Rm 1:20
prayer & reflection

Oh Father in Heaven,
Today I stand amazed in Your presence. The God of Glory, the Great God, the God of gods and Lord of lords; You are glorious! You are above all things! From You and through You and to You are all things! Your kingdom and power and glory will last forever.
What an amazing picture Lord! What assurance it gives my soul to know that the glory of all You are can impact my day today. Thank you that You are willing to bring Your power and glory into my life today. I abandon my heart and mind to You. I willingly bring myself under the power of Your holiness and Your love. Like an umbrella over me Your majesty rests over my life.
Thank you that You are wonderful in counsel, magnificent in wisdom and perfect in knowledge.
I trust Your infinite understanding and Your excellent greatness and I thank you for Your divine power that is at work in my life today.
May Your kingdom be established in all I do today and may I live for Your kingdom and for Your glory as I walk the path today where You have placed me.
Thank you that You are majestic in power and infinite in understanding and You alone can equip me for the tasks that lay before me.
To You be praise and honor and glory.
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 17 - Jehovah-Or

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Light. Uncertainty has become a familiar face on the landscapes of our daily lives and in our world at large.

God’s Word tells us that in Our Father God, The LORD of light, there is no shadow, no variableness, no uncertainty as to His love and compassion.
Steep yourself today in the certainty of His love and mercy, His compassion and kindness. As you do He will bring light to your pathway. Please read Psalm 89:15; Psalm 104:2; 1 Timothy 6:16
  • Resplendent with light, Majestic, Perfect Light in whom is no darkness, The LORD who reigns. Ps 76:4, 1 John 1:5, Ps 97:1; 99:1Ps 89:15; Ps 104:2; 1 Tim 6:16.
  • The Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, The Giver of every good and perfect gift . James1:17
  • Great in Name, Perfect in Beauty, Great and Marvelous, Gracious and Merciful. 1 Sm 12:22; Ps 50:2; Rv 15:3; Ne 9:31
  • Holy and Glorious, Full of Compassion, Loving kindness, Goodness and Mercy forever. Is 63:15; Ps 116:5; Ps 63:3; Ps 100:5
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I stand amazed this morning at the wonder of You! You are the LORD who reigns! You are the Father of lights. It is You alone who can bring light onto my pathway and dispel the shadows of doubt and fear. Thank you that with You there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. You can be fully counted on; fully trusted. You are the Giver of every good and perfect gift! Fill my heart with thanksgiving and with firm assurance in Your steadfastness toward me.
Your Name is great! It trumps every other name in Heaven or on Earth. You are perfect in beauty. Help me to allow Your beauty to flow through me today. You are great and marvelous. Help me to remember Your greatness through the question marks of my day. Thank you that you are gracious and merciful when I don’t deserve it.
Lord, may my heart overflow today with the certainty of You. May all that You are: your holiness, compassion, loving kindness, goodness and mercy flow to me today. May I be a vessel today fit for Your use so that these wonderful certainties flow through me to those around me. Fill my heart with the knowledge of You today and help me pass it on.
Thank you for the wonderful truth that You are the Lord of light and that the shadows casting their darkness on my path are not from You. May the certainty of who You are today flood my heart and mind with light and life.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 18 - Jehovah-Kadosh

by Gail Rodgers
The Holy LORD. Our Holy LORD is strong and mighty and He will fight for us. His love and faithfulness never ends and He is to be praised!

Lift your head and worship the King of glory today. He is mighty in battle, He is the LORD Almighty and nothing is too hard for Him.
“Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty, he is the King of glory.” Psalm 24:8-10
The King of Glory is:
  • A Holy God
  • A Pure God
  • A Perfect God
  • The God who satisfies
  • The God who cares Lv 19:2;Hk 1:13; Mt 5:48; Ps 103:5; 1 Pt 5:7
He is the Holy One:
  • Worthy to be praised
  • The Holy One of Israel Ps 22:3; Is 6:3; Ps 18:3; 2 Ki 19:22
  • Majestic in Holiness
  • Awesome in Glory
  • The Glory of Israel
  • The Majestic Glory Ex 15:11; 1 Sm 15:29; 2 Pt 1:17
prayer & reflection

Father God,
In the busyness of my day I often forget just how majestic You are; just how awesome and pure and perfect You are. You are the Holy God who satisfies me when I run to You. You are the God who cares about all that affects me today. You alone are the King of Glory. Right now I bow my head and my heart in Your presence and worship You. May my life today be my continued worship as I live to please You; as I keep my hand cupped to my ear to hear Your direction today. May I live in such a way as to honor Your holiness within me.
I praise You with all that is within me and bless Your mighty name. Let me not escape the wonder of who You are today. In spite of what goes on around me today may I carry the sense of Your majesty within me as I go. Thank you for Your might and for Your strength in battle on my behalf today.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 19 - Jehovah-Qanna

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD whose name is Jealous. Thank you, LORD God, that you are watchful over me. You desire to have no rivals within my heart. You are Just and Righteous and You are the one who brings justice.

• The God who laughs at the plans of the wicked and rebukes the nations in His anger. Am 5:27; Ps 2:1-6; 37:13
  • A Jealous God, A Zealous God , An Awesome God , A Just God , A Righteous God. Dt 4:24; Ek 39:25; Ps 68:35; 2 Th 1:6; Ps 11:7
  • A God of Retribution, A God of Vengeance , A God of Wrath,; A Faithful God, A Giving God. Jr 51:56; Na 1:2; Dt 32:4; Rm 8:32
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
Thank you that You are always pursuing my heart because of Your great love toward me. Thank you for the fact that You are a jealous God who desires no rivals to You in my heart. You know me so well and You understand how pulled my heart can be to worship You and yet also hold on to many things that often overshadow my love for You.
Thank you that You know my heart and keep drawing me to that place of deep worship of You. I know that that is truly the place of real contentment.
Father, today You know the things that rival You within my heart. Today I declare that I want You first and foremost in my life. You alone are life to me. You alone are the healer, the savior, the one who loves me completely and accepts me just as I am.
Thank you for Jesus who died and rose again to become the bridge of love that lets my heart reach You. I am amazed at Your caring love that reaches to my heart. You deserve no rivals in my heart and mind. You are awesome and faithful. You are the one who brings justice into our lives and our land. Thank you that on this earth, You will have the final word.
Today I ask You to draw me close to You. Reveal Your heart of love to me in fresh ways. May I move from those things that pull me away from You and may I bask in the joy that giving You first place in my heart will bring.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 20 - Jehovah-Saboath

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Hosts. The LORD Almighty is your defender and your protector. He is a mighty warrior, a mighty God. He is mighty in power and mighty in battle for you today. No matter what you face today know with assurance that God can break down walls and bring victory. His is mighty to save you.

• The Hope of Israel, The Portion of Jacob, The King of Israel, The Shepherd of Israel. Jr 14:8; Jr 10:16; Zp 3:15; Ps 80:1
  • A Mighty Warrior, A Mighty God, Mighty in power, Mighty in battle. Is 42:13; Jr 20:11; Ps 93:4; Ps 147:5; Ps 24:8
  • Mighty to save, A Consuming Fire, A Wall of Fire, A Devouring Fire. Zp 3:17; Dt 4:24; Is 10:17; Is 30:27; He 12:29; Zc 2:5; Dt 9:3
  • The Victor, The Breaker, The God who breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron. Pr 21:31; Ps 107:16; Is 45:2
prayer & reflection

LORD of Hosts,
We bow before You this day with humble hearts contemplating Your greatness and Your might! We are in awe that You are our defender and our victor. You are LORD over the whole spiritual and physical realm… and You are my God. Thank you!
Father God, all around us the needs are so great! Injustice, illness, discouragement and poverty of body and spirit drag Your children down daily. Thank you that You are our mighty warrior who goes to battle to bring truth and justice to our lives. Thank you that You are a wall of fire, a consuming fire, and You break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. You level mountains! Thank you for this amazing picture of the power of Your name over me.
Today I stand on the promise of Your name, the great LORD of Hosts, mighty in battle. I bring to You today the battle that rages around me and even within me. I bring my affliction and my distress to You with fresh confidence that You will encase me behind Your wall of fire and You will break through the walls that loom over me.
Show me today if there is anything in my heart that I need to confess and clean out as I stand before You and Your mighty power. May my heart be open to turn from any thing in my life that opposes You as I call on Your power to save me.
In the strong name of Jesus I pray with thanksgiving, amen.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 21 - Jehovah-Magen

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Shield. What a picture of peace the LORD brings to our hearts as we consider Him as the Shield around us! May we keep that picture alive in our hearts and minds today as we walk. He is our God of joy!

• Our Sustainer, Our Judge, Our Lawgiver, Our King, Our Exceedingly Great Reward. Ps 54:4; Is 46:4; Is 33:22; Gn 15:1.
  • Our Witness, The Horn of our salvation, Our Stronghold, A Strong Tower, A Tower of refuge. Rm 1:9; Ps 18:2; Ps 61:3; Pr 18:10.
  • A Secure Fortress, A Sanctuary, A Sun and Shield , A Very Present Help in trouble. Pr 14:26; Ek 11:16; Ps 84:11; Ps 46:1.
  • A God of Joy, A God of Freedom, A God of Mercy, A God of Refuge, A God of Rest. Ps 16:11; Jm 1:25; Dn 9:9; Ps 27:5; He 4:9.
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
Your name is a strong tower that I can run to and find rest and safety.
Your name is my stronghold. Lord, I usually think in terms of a stronghold in my life as a negative thing. Yet Your word tells me that a stronghold is any thought taken captive. Any fear or persistent barb that keeps surfacing in my mind is a negative stronghold. Yet Your name and all it represents is to be my stronghold instead. What an amazing thought.
Help me to focus on You as my secure Fortress, my Sanctuary, my Sun and Shield. You are my Very Present Help in trouble. Let my heart steep in the fact that You are my God of Joy and Freedom; of Mercy and Refuge. You are my God of Rest.
May my heart and mind rest today in all that You are. May I rest assured that Your might will carry me through all that encompasses me on my pathway today. You are my stronghold You are the Shield around me. Fill me with Your joy. Thank you. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 22 - Jehovah-Jirah

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Provider. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:16-20
  • The Rock of Israel, A God of wonders and miracles, blessing and abundance. Gn 49:24; Ex 15:11; Ps 77:14; Ep 1:3; Ps 65:9-13.Gn 22:14; Pp 4:19
  • The God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. Ep 3:20
  • My Help, My Confidence, My Portion, My True Pasture, My Fruitfulness. Pr 3:26; Ps 33:20; Ps 73:26; Jr 50:7; Ho 14:8
prayer & reflection

Father God,
How thankful I am today that You are the LORD who provides for me! When my need is squarely in front of me it is easy for me to forget that You are a God of wonders and miracles. Open my eyes to see the wonders of Your love and of Your hand all around me. Help me to see Your abundance and blessing in my life as I walk through my day today.
You are my Help and my Confidence. May my heart and mind focus on You today and not center on me and my own inadequacies and need. You are my Portion. You have all that I need today! What a thought, Lord!
Your word says that You are my Pasture and my Fruitfulness. That picture is awesome Lord, as I look to You to lead me beside quiet pastures today and to feed me from Your very storehouse of majesty and wonder.
You are my fruitfulness. Only what I do today with You as the center will bring increase for Your Kingdom. Only what I do in Your strength and not in my own will impact eternity today. That is where true fulfillment is, in seeing You create fruit from my life, fruit that will effect eternity.
Lord, provide my hope today; my right attitude; my strength to walk where You have placed me. Provide my joy. Provide me with what I need to encourage and bring life to the people and places I go to today.
Thank you that You are my Provider. What I need today in the physical realm I lay at Your throne as well and trust You to guide and provide. I will rest in Your provision today and in the expectation that You will do more than I can possibly imagine in my life and through my life.
In the strong name of Jesus, I pray, amen.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 23 - Jehovah-Nissi

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Banner. Over you today flies the Banner that declares that the God who rescues, protects, defends, honors and even roars is the God who is over me today!

Moses built an altar and named it The LORD is My Banner (Exodus 17:15)
  • The God who does not slumber nor sleep. The God who does not grow tired or weary. A Man of War. Ps 121:3, 4; Is 40:28; Ex 15:3 Ex 17:15; 1 Co 15:57
  • A Destroyer, The God who comes and will not be silent, The God who does not lie. Jr 51:56; Ps 50:3; Is 29:6; Nm 23:19; Tt 1:2
  • The God who thunders, The God who thunders with power and majesty, The God who roars. Jb 37:4, 5; Ps 29: 3, 4; Am 1:2
  • The God who rescues, protects, defends, honors, avenges, guards, keeps and preserves. Ps 91:14; Ps 72:4; Ps 91:15; Ps 94:1; Ps 121:8
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
I stand in awe today that You cover me with Your love. Your love and care is the banner, the flag that is held high over my life today. Your banner over me declares that I am Yours and You are mine!
Thank you that You are my Help. You are the One who watches over me and You never grow tired or weary or fall asleep on the job.
You provide shade for me in the midst of the heat of the circumstances of life.
You see all my comings and goings and watch over me. Even today You are aware of every place my feet will go and You walk with me. Thank you that I do not walk alone.
Thank you that as my Banner you rescue, protect, defend, honor, avenge, guard and preserve me. Wow! May my heart rest in that today. Whatever characteristic of these I need today may I be aware of Your flag waving over me, reminding me You are my guard and my honor.
You are the God who will not be silent as You proclaim all these things over my life.
You are the One who does not and cannot lie and Your words over me are Truth. May I rest in that today.
Thank you, Lord God for this amazing picture of what You are in and over my life even today. Thank you that none of these things are dependent upon me, for I fall far short, yet You never come up lacking and You provide all of this for me, Your child. I stand in awe.
In the powerful name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 24 - Jehovah-Raah

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Shepherd. The LORD is the shepherd of your heart today. Let Him lead you to quiet places and restore your soul.

• The Holy Father, The Righteous Father, The Father of Compassion and God of all Comfort. Jn 17:11; Jn 17:25; 2 Co 1:3.Ps 23:1; Jn 10:7-16
  • The Everlasting Arms, The Father, God the Father, The Glorious Father, The Father of Glory. Dt 33:27; Jr 3:19; Jn 1:14; Tt 1:4; Ep 1:17
  • The Potter, The Vinedresser, Who Confides, Reveals, Leads us, Teaches us to profit. Is 64:8; Jn 15:1; Ps 25:14; 1 Co 2:10; Is 48:17
“The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” Ps 23:1
prayer & reflection

Holy Father,
You are the Father of Compassion and the God of all Comfort. Thank you that You hold my heart in Your hand and You are the Shepherd of my soul. It is Your everlasting arms that I feel around me as You reach to capture my wandering soul and sooth the cares of my heart.
You draw me on and You bring me to quiet places in Your presence, away from the clamor of the world. Thank you for that rest. May I not struggle against it but rather lean into it and find the peace You have waiting.
You are the Righteous Father, the one who confides, reveals, leads and teaches me for my profit.
Even when my enemies of doubt, despair and discouragement creep around me You prepare a feast for me and invite me to dine at Your table. Thank you for the confidence that I can draw up to Your table and know You are guarding and guiding me and will keep me.
Thank you for the safety, the rest and the mercy and goodness that You,, my Shepherd, have for me.
Thank you that You come after me. May I not resist Your hand in my life as a wayward lamb does.
Shepherd me Lord, and lead me in the paths that are right for me.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 25 - Jehovah-Rapha

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Healer. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name.”

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities;
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from destruction;
Who crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.” Psalm 103: 1-5
  • The God who redeems, delivers, saves, heals, pardons, purifies, and cleanses. Ex. 15:26, Mt. 8:16 & 17, Ps 49:15; Ps 34:17; Ps 68:20; Ps 103:3; Is 55:7; 1 Jn 1:7, 9
  • Our Hope, Our Lamp, Our Light, Our Guide, Our Counselor, Our Comforter. Ps 71:5; 2 Sm 22:29; Mc 7:8; Ps 73:24; Ps 71:21.
  • Our Helper, Our Keeper, The Shade upon our right hand, Our Joy, Our Strength. He 13:6; Ps 121:5; Ps 4:7; Ps 59:9
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
Today I am so grateful that You are my healer. You are the one who puts Your salve of comfort on my heart when I need it. You help me to forgive so that the disease of bitter un-forgiveness cannot take over my mind and body.
You redeem that which I have messed up and you pardon, purify and cleanse me. Oh Lord, there is no need for any of us to walk limping, for Your grace brings healing to our minds and hearts. Inward healing is our first need, Lord. Thank you for Your provision.
Thank you that You also care about my physical state and are able to bring healing to my body and my bones. Where there are those of us who are seeing doctors, grant the doctors divine wisdom in providing treatment. Grant us understanding in maintaining our own wellness and lead us.
You are our Hope, the Lamp who guides our lives by Your Spirit and through Your word You counsel us today. Be our helper and our keeper. Thank you that You are our shade, our joy and our strength.
Today I put my life, my health and all that is me into Your loving hands with faith and trust that You will walk every step with me today.
Whenever I am bedridden may Your presence surround me and comfort me.
O Lord, my healer, I praise Your name today and ask this in Your powerful name, amen.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 26 - Jehovah-Shalom

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Peace. “For He Himself is our Peace.” Ephesians 2:14

• Our Rock, Our Mighty Rock, Our Rock in whom we take refuge, Our Hiding Place. Ps 92:15; Ps 62:7; Ps 18:2; Ps 32:7, Eph. 2:14
  • Our Dwelling Place, Our Shelter, Our Resting Place, Our Refuge and our Fortress. Ps 90:1; Ps 61:3; Ps 62:1; Ps 91:2
  • The God of the lonely, the poor and the stranger, The God of the weak and the weary. Ps 68:6; Lv 23:22; Is 40:29-31
  • The God who daily bears our burdens, The God near to the brokenhearted and those who are crushed in spirit. Ps 68:19; Ps 34:18
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
It is a profound thought that You, the God of Heaven and Earth, are my peace! Why is it that, so often, I choose to let unrest settle over my soul when You have promised to be my peace?
Lord, it is so easy to be distracted by the evening news, the price of gas and groceries and the deep needs around me. It is easy to lose sight of the fact that You have promised to be my Peace.
As I walk through my day today may Your Holy Spirit remind me that when circumstances are shaky around me, You remain my Rock. My soul can find refuge in You. When my mind is tempted to focus on all the things that steal peace from my heart and mind, may Your Spirit whisper to my soul that You are my strength, my shelter and my resting place.
May my mind focus on You and may my eyes be lifted above the circumstances to see Your face. You have said You will guide me with Your eye. May my gaze be on Your face so I will see and know Your guidance as I walk through every hour of my day.
You are my resting place. When the day feels long may I simply pause and lean into Your love and grace and mercy. May I pass it out to others as I receive it from You.
When others are stressed and anxious may my soul be secure in the hiding place of Your love. May my confidence rest in You as my Fortress and my Deliverer. You will guide my steps and direct my path as I focus on You and tune my ear to hear Your voice for today. Thank you for this amazing truth that You are my Peace. Help me to walk in that today with confidence and fresh reality.
You are the God of the lonely, the poor and the stranger, The God of the weak and the weary. You are the one who daily bears my burdens and is near to those who are crushed in sprit, sustaining them with unexplainable peace in the face of hardship. You are my Peace when the day is bright and my step is light. You are my Peace.
I praise the Name of the Lord my God and in Your name I pray, amen.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 27 - Jehovah-Shammah

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD with us. The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
  • The God who watches , The God who sees, The God who hears, The God who speaks. Ps 145:20; Gn 16:13; Ps 10:17; Is 30:21, Mt. 28:20, Ek 48:20
  • The God who answers, The God who answers before we call, and hears while we are yet speaking. Is 58:9; Is 65:24
  • The God who never leaves us, Who fellowships with us, summons us by name and call us His own. He 13:5; 1 Jn 1:3, 7; Is 43:1
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that You are the One who watches over me and sees every step I take. You walk each of those steps beside me! Thank you that You are the God who speaks to me and who hears me when I call.
Thank you that You listen to my heart and You see into the depth of my soul. Nothing of me is hidden from You. And You still answer, even before I call out to You. Even when I am still speaking and wondering how to bring my needs before You, You are already springing into action to meet me at my point of need. You are awesome, Lord, hearing my heart and reaching out to meet me.
You take delight in me! You take great delight in me. Wow! You will never, ever leave me and You actually desire to have fellowship with me. You, the God of Heaven, look for time with me and cherish the moments when I look into Your face. You guide me with Your eye.
You know my name and the name of my street; you know the bed where I lay my head at night. You call me by my name and You call me Your own!
You actually rejoice over me with singing! What a picture, Lord. Me, the one who so often lets You down, You rejoice over me and You quiet me with Your love.
May I bask in that welcome and in that warmth today. May it spur me on to be faithful to You as You are so faithful to me.
The Lord with me, that is Your name. Thank you. The Lord with me today, right this moment and as I walk into this next moment.
I praise Your name and pray with confidence in it, amen.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 28 - Jehovah-Tsidkenu

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Righteousness. “This is the name by which he will be called; The LORD Our Righteousness.” (Jeremiah 23:6)

• One LORD , The LORD of the harvest, The LORD of Peace, The Savior of all men. Dt 6:4; Mt 9:38; 2 Th 3:16; 1 Tm 4:10
  • The God of Life, The Light of Life, The God of Peace, A God of Strength. Dt 30:19, 20; Jb 33:30; He 13:20; Is 41:10
  • God our Savior, The God of our Salvation, The Upright One, The Righteous One. 1 Tm 2:3; 1 Ch 16:35; Is 26:7; Is 24:16
  • Saving Grace, Abundant grace, The Fountain of Living Waters, The Fountain of Life. Ep 2:6-8; 2 Co 9:8; Jr 2:13; Ps 36:9
prayer & reflection

Righteous Father,
I praise You for covering me with Your righteousness. All my spots and blemishes of sin and selfishness are covered with the white robe of righteousness that You put on me when I received You. Forgive me for the times I try to focus on what has been covered.
Thank you that Your righteousness is pure and far greater than any self righteousness I might try to muster. Forgive me for my feeble attempts to be righteous in my own strength.
Thank you that You are the LORD of the Harvest, the LORD of Peace and the Savior of all men. It is only You who is mighty to save. May I trust in You to redeem circumstances and people and may I give up my attempts to control the redemption process.
Thank you that You are the God of life, the Light of Life and the God of Strength. You are my Savior and my Salvation. May I rest in that thought today and may I cease striving to be righteous by my own acts of goodness.
You alone are the Righteous One and the One who alone brings true strength and hope to my life.
Thank you for Your saving grace, Your abundant grace and the Fountain of Living Water that You bring to my life. Help me to walk daily in the joy of Your name and all You are as I seek to know You with my whole heart.
In Your powerful name I pray, amen.
Post New ThreadReply