Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-16-2023, 07:00 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 16

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

John 13:34-35 – So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

Leviticus 19:32 – Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord.

"Therefore Jesus said unto them again, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door; whoever enters by me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy: I have come that they may have life, and may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.'" (John 10:7-11)

“But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works.” (Psalm 73:28)

“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” – James 4:8

“I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice” (Romans 12:1a NIV).

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. — Ephesians 4:2
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2023, 06:48 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 17

Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned. — James 5:12

Romans 8:35,38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

James 3:13 “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17
Old 09-18-2023, 05:49 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 18

1 Chronicles 16:11 – Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

Psalm 20:6-8 6 Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand. 7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. 8 They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." — Hebrews 13:5

Proverbs 20:3 It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.

Ephesians 5:1 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:50 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 19

Philippians 4:6 – Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. Psalm 108:3

“Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.” (Psalm 37:3)

"Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the LORD does not count against them..." (Psalm 32:1-2a)

Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. — Proverbs 12:19

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19
Old 09-20-2023, 07:14 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 20

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16

Ephesians 4:29 – Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Zephaniah 3:17a – For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness.

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. — 1 John 2:17

John 14:21 "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips. Psalms 141:3
Old 09-21-2023, 06:12 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 21

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Psalms 16:11 11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered. Proverbs 17:27
Old 09-22-2023, 07:15 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 22

Psalm 121 – I lift up my eyes to the hills — from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and for evermore.

Psalm 139:2a,4 – You know when I sit down and when I rise up. Even before a word is on my tongue, O Lord, you know it completely.

Lamentations 5:21 – Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may return; renew our days as of old.

Jeremiah 32:17 – Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my Helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. — Matthew 5:3

Psalm 25:6,7 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.

James 4:7 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

2 Corinthians 13:14 “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

God showed how much He loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. 1 John 4:9
Old 09-23-2023, 02:48 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 23

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 1 Timothy 6:7-8

Romans 15:7 “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”

A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. Proverbs 17:17

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." ?—Matthew 11:28

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

"Vindicate me, OF LORD, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the LORD without wavering. Examine me, O LORD, and try me; Test my mind and my heart. For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth." (Psalm 26:1-3)

"The Lord is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him; my father's God, and I will exalt Him." ?—Exodus 15:2

Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:25 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 24

Psalm 79:9 – Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.

Psalm 34:1 – I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." — Matthew 7:7-8

Lamentations 3:25-26 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9
Old 09-25-2023, 06:22 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 25

Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Psalm 119:1

Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Proverbs 26:20 – Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. — Proverbs 21:30

1 John 2:17 The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Proverbs 16:24
Old 09-26-2023, 06:38 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 26

"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love." Psalm 103:8

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:1-2

Romans 4:7-8 – Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

John 10:28 – I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. — Philippians 1:27
Old 09-27-2023, 05:48 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 27

Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8

Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Nehemiah 9:6 – You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Deuteronomy 8:6 6 Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. — 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 Peter 3:9 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9
Old 09-28-2023, 06:41 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 28

1 Corinthians 15:58 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

John 14:1,6 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 – Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. — James 1:22

Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to Him for protection. Proverbs 30:5
Old 09-29-2023, 04:02 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 29

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. James 4:10

1 John 2:15-17 – Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7b

Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

1 Peter 3:18 – For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

James 4:6 – But the grace that God gives is even stronger. As the scripture says, "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

1 Peter 4:8 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Old 09-30-2023, 06:02 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 30

John 8:12 – Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

1 Chronicles 16:10 – Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.

Matthew 6:8b – Your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!

Psalm 18:30-33 30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 31
For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? 32 It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

Proverbs 12:25 25 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Post New ThreadReply