Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-01-2022, 07:04 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - May

May 1

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." - John 8:36

2 Samuel 22:33 – God is my strength and power, and He makes my way perfect.

I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth. — Psalm 40:1–3
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2022, 06:22 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

“It is because of the LORD’S loving kindnesses that we are not consumed, Because His [tender] compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22–23, AMP)

1 John 5:14-15 – This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him.

Isaiah 58:11a – The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16

1 Peter 5:6 NIV Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:42 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

Romans 8:38-39 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Philippians 4:12-13 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:5

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. —Romans 12:12
Old 05-04-2022, 06:05 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

The LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. Psalm 146:8

2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Romans 8:14 – For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!” Lamentations 3:24
Old 05-05-2022, 04:58 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. —Philippians 4:8

Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. — John 16:23

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4

Philippians 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4)
Old 05-06-2022, 06:51 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

Ephesians 6:10-17 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

James 5:16 – Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Romans 12:16 NIV Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:09 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Jesus promised, "If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19 NIV)

Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life. — John 4:14

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. — Proverbs 3:5–6

People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. — 1 Samuel 16:7

2 Timothy 2:1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. — Proverbs 17:1

John 14:6 NIV Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Psalm 33:4 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:32 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12

Colossians 4:5-6 – Make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Nehemiah 9:31b – What a gracious and merciful God you are!

Ephesians 4:29-32 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 4:2-3 NIV Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Isaiah 26:12 12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:45 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

He who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. — Psalm 32:10

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. Psalm 149:4

Hebrews 7:24-25 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1

Since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others. Romans 12:5
Old 05-10-2022, 01:01 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.

Matthew 18:15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.”

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:20 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

Matthew 5:14-16 – You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

I the Lord do not change. — Malachi 3:6

Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger. — Ephesians 4:26

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10

Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' — Jeremiah 29:11

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. —Philippians 4:6

Matthew 6:19-21 NIV "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Old 05-12-2022, 04:32 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Romans 8:1-2 – There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has set me free from the law of sin and death.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Psalm 37:5-6 NIV Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Job 33:4 4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:11 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

Romans 12:17-21 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. —Proverbs 3:5

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. Isaiah 55:8

James 4:8a – Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. — Proverbs 16:24

Psalm 143:10 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:37 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Isaiah 41:13 13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14

A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret. — Proverbs 11:13

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Luke 17:5-6 – The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you."

Psalm 17:8 – Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.

2 Samuel 22:31-33 31 “As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 32 For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? 33 It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:52 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15

Philippians 4:4 – Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again — rejoice!

Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always. Deuteronomy 11:1

Ecclesiastes 11:5 “As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.”
Post New ThreadReply