Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - September (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4672)

bluidkiti 09-01-2014 11:04 AM

Bible Verse Of The Day - September

September 1

Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 John 4:20 - 20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?

Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor 1 Thessalonians 4:4

bluidkiti 09-02-2014 09:47 AM

September 2

The earth, O Lord, is full of Your mercy; Teach me Your statutes. Psalm 119:64

Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor 1 Thessalonians 4:4

Hebrews 11:3 - 3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. Psalm 19:13

Galatians 6:7-9 — Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Sow a thought, reap a deed.
Sow a deed, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

BW1 09-02-2014 04:45 PM

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as i have loved you, you also should love one another. ~ John 13:34

There is nothing like someone loving you no matter what you have done.

bluidkiti 09-03-2014 10:13 AM

September 3

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer... Psalm 19:14

Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. Psalm 19:13

Isaiah 38:16 - 16 Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!

Romans 10:14-15 — How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

We must take God's great message of salvation to others so they can respond to the Good News. How will your loved ones and neighbors hear it unless someone tells them? Is God calling you to take a part in making his message known in your community? Think of the one person who needs to hear the Good News, and think of something you can do to help him or her hear it. Then take that step as soon as possible.

bluidkiti 09-04-2014 09:59 AM

September 4

Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. 2 Timothy 1:13-14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer... Psalm 19:14

Psalm 61:1-2 - 1 O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! 2 From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety,

Romans 11:33-36 —

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?"
For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.

These verses are a prayer of praise to God for the wisdom of his plan. Although God's method and means are beyond our comprehension, God himself is not arbitrary. He governs the universe and our lives in perfect wisdom, justice and love. In the final analysis, all of us are absolutely dependent on God. He is the source of all things, including ourselves. He is the power that sustains and rules the world that we live in. And God works out all things to bring glory to himself. The all-powerful God deserves our praise.

BW1 09-04-2014 11:59 AM

He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. ~ Hebrews 7:25 NASB

Talking to God and telling Him about others is to intercede on their behalf. "Intercession," said Andrew Murray in his book A Ministry of Intercession, "is the most perfect form of prayer."

Lift the names and conditions of others top God. Let God know what they need.

Quiet Moments in the Presence Of God, pg 82

bluidkiti 09-04-2014 03:23 PM

September 5

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:18-20

You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. Psalm 92:4

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. Psalm 16:9

John 12:44 - 44 Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me.

Revelation 3:19-20 — Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

BW1 09-05-2014 01:53 PM

I tell you the truth, whoever believes has eternal life. ~ John 6:47

You are assured of a home in heaven, where you will live with God forever.

BW1 09-06-2014 04:07 AM

He shall come down like rain upon the grass before mowing, like showers that water the earth. ~ Psalm 72: 6 NKIV

Wherever you look you see the handwriting of God. His name is everywhere.

Quiet Moments in the Presence Of God, pg 300

bluidkiti 09-07-2014 10:21 AM

September 6

Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. John 14:23

You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. Psalm 92:4

Psalm 18:30 - 30 God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

bluidkiti 09-07-2014 10:23 AM

September 7

Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. Colossians 1:28

Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Psalm 100:2

With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! Isaiah 12:3

Hebrews 10:23 - 23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

James 4:14 — Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

You will never live this day again. Are you living for Christ or for yourself? He wants you to share the gospel with others — today. He wants you to look for ways to help the less fortunate — today. He wants you to share his love with others — today. When God sees a willing heart, the doors of opportunity are endless. Our journey moves so quickly. We only pass through this life once, and how we use it is totally up to us. "Only one life, 'twill soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last." Life is a glorious opportunity to prepare for eternity. If we miss that opportunity but succeed in everything else, our life will have been a failure. Matthew 16:26 — "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"

BW1 09-07-2014 10:36 AM

I pray for these followers, but I am also praying for all those who will believe in me because of their teaching. ~ John 17: 20

Jesus began His ministry at the Jordan with prayer and ended it on the cross with prayer.

You will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. ~ Jeremiah 29:12-13

bluidkiti 09-08-2014 10:43 AM

September 8

Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. Psalm 143:10

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Psalm 100:2

Psalm 19:7 - 7 The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

BW1 09-08-2014 01:44 PM

OBEY GOD

If you keep my commandments [if you continue to obey My instructions], you will abide in my love and live on in it. ~ John 15: 10 AMP

The power is within you.

What is before or beyond you fades when approached by what is within you.

BW1 09-09-2014 02:54 AM

I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. ~ 1 Samuel 12:23 NLT

Talking to God and telling him about others is to intercede on their behalf. "Intercession," said Andrew Murray in his book A Ministry Of Intercession, "is the most perfect form of prayer."

Lift the names and conditions of others to God. Let God know what they need.

Quiet Moments in the Presence Of God, pg 82

bluidkiti 09-09-2014 09:49 AM

September 9

that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; Titus 2:2

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Proverbs 30:5 - 5 Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? Isaiah 43:19

BW1 09-10-2014 03:09 AM

Do you seek wisdom for yourself and for your family? Then keep learning and keep motivating your family members to do likewise. The ultimate source of wisdom of course, is the Word of God.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. ~ James 1:5

bluidkiti 09-10-2014 10:20 AM

September 10

Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you. Isaiah 46:4

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?... Isaiah 43:19

1 John 4:16 - 16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.

The Lord is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him. Lamentations 3:25

bluidkiti 09-11-2014 09:50 AM

September 11

I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. Lamentations 3:25

Psalm 9:10 - 10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it. Habakkuk 1:5

dwmoeller 09-11-2014 10:58 AM

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. - Psalm 71:14

Thought: Never-ending hope means ever-increasing praise.

BW1 09-11-2014 12:11 PM

Do not be deceived..evil company corrupts good habits. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:13

bluidkiti 09-11-2014 01:43 PM

September 12

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4

For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it. Habakkuk 1:5

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. 1 Peter 5:6

Nahum 1:7 - 7 The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.

Ephesians 5:19(b)-20 — Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

BW1 09-12-2014 03:05 AM

In your greatest weakness, turn to your greatest strength, Jesus, and hear him say, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
~2 Corinthians 12:9 NKJV

We return our father's love by accepting His grace and by sharing His message and his love. When we do, we are eternally blessed...and the Father smiles.

Prayers of a Godly Woman, 2nd ed, pg 130-131

dwmoeller 09-12-2014 08:19 AM

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. - Romans 15:1

Thought: You are stronger still when you help the weak.

bluidkiti 09-13-2014 12:13 PM

September 13

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 1 Peter 3:8

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 1 Peter 5:6

John 14:27 - 27 I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5:8

bluidkiti 09-13-2014 12:13 PM

September 14

Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Philippians 2:1-2

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5:8

1 Peter 5:7 - 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Romans 8:26 — In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Lord, thank you that you live to intercede for me. Help me to understand your amazing availability. I praise you for translating my words into heavenly prayers that reach your throne. In the midst of a busy life, enable me to remember your nearness and help me to model that nearness to my loved ones.
— C.S.Lewis - "A Footnote To All Prayers"

BW1 09-13-2014 04:19 PM

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time! Ephesians 5:15-16 (NKJV)

Plan to enjoy those minutes alone with Him, in conversation with the One who is truly the captain, the pilot, and Chaucer of your life. talk to Him. Listen. Let Him communicate with you. If your mind is on Him, you will be far less likely to feel "rushed" when the traffic in front of you comes to a complete stop.

Tea Time With God..Quiet moments With God Devotional, pg 83

BW1 09-14-2014 11:27 AM

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. ~ Hebrews 13:8

Isn't it so absolutely wonderful to have something that is consistently unchangeable. It is us; it is me that is changeable and always, hopefully better as I grow in consciousness and spiritually in my walk with God. My knowledge and understanding as I walk through this journey called life and I lean on, and rely upon Him that created the world and the people in it; He that gave His only son who was mocked & tortured beyond imagination and shed His blood for my sin and now sits at the right hand of God the Father and intercedes on our behalf.

Oh that's right..if an argument is to be had...He did change...He changed from a child in the womb of Mary to an adult healing & teaching about His Father whom He earnestly prayed to, loved and revered and made fishers of men in His disciples...then He was crucified and rose again and walked with His disciples and presented Himself to Mary again...So yes...in that respect He did change and demonstrated by His exemplary walk, life, and death that no matter what-- NO MATTER WHAT -- it is possible to have an abundant joyful life leaning on and being dependent on Father God and making Him the center of ones life.

That center, that core belief ..that guide, that chief counselor, that God of everything..that is the God that is unchangeable and His son once invited into ones life is also unchangeable.

Give Jesus the opportunity today to show you and give you all the blessings that is yours as a child of God

If you are not convinced after 30, 60 90 days..your misery will be SADLY refunded to you. However know this...God will NOT abandon you..He will continue to look after you. He will continue to wait for you. He will continue to place love notes on your heart.

dwmoeller 09-15-2014 09:21 AM

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made for everyone. - I Timothy 2:1

Thought: Pray first for family, then friends, then, widen the circle.

bluidkiti 09-15-2014 11:17 AM

September 15

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Psalm 34:19 - 19 The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.

Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. Colossians 1:10

BW1 09-15-2014 03:17 PM

Powerful is your arm! Strong is your hand! Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength. ~ Psalm 89:13

God's sovereignty over all of life means your live is divinely ordained and profoundly significant.

Quiet Moments in the Presence of God, pg 132

bluidkiti 09-15-2014 04:17 PM

September 16

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. James 3:13

You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying Him, and committing yourself firmly to Him. This is the key to your life... Deuteronomy 30:20

Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. Colossians 1:10

Proverbs 9:11-12 - 11 Wisdom will multiply your days and add years to your life. 12 If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.

2 Corinthians 4:6-7 — For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

BW1 09-16-2014 02:47 PM

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. ~ Isaiah 7:9

If your faith is being tested to the point of breaking, know that your Savior is near. If you reach out to Him in faith, He will give you peace and heal your broken spirit. Be content to touch even the smallest of the Master's garment, and He will make you whole.

PRAYERS of a GODLY WOMAN, 2nd Edition pg 70

bluidkiti 09-17-2014 09:47 AM

September 17

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. Ephesians 5:1

You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life... Deuteronomy 30:20

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. Psalm 16:11

2 Corinthians 1:3 - 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.

Psalm 119:165 — Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

BW1 09-17-2014 12:54 PM

In a race, everyone runs but only one person gets first prize...to win the contest you must deny yourselves many things that would keep you from doing your best. ~ 1 Corinthians 9:244-25 TLB

Do you feel overwhelmed or confused? Turn the concerns of this day over to God-prayerfully, earnestly, and often. then listen for His answer...and trust the answer He gives.

PRAYERS of a GODLY WOMAN, 2nd Edition pg 102

bluidkiti 09-18-2014 10:06 AM

September 18

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. Psalm 16:11

1 John 2:27 - 27 But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

Philippians 4:6 — Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

September 19

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

Colossians 3:2 - 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

Deuteronomy 20:1 — When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you.

September 20

Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. Joel 2:23

A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones. Proverbs 14:30

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23

James 1:5 - 5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

Psalm 116:1-2 — I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

God is so responsive that you can always reach him. He bends down and listens to your voice. This writer's love for the Lord has grown because he has experienced answers to his prayers. If you are discouraged, remember that God is near, listening carefully to every prayer and answering each prayer in order to give you his best.

September 21

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14

God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. 1 Thessalonians 4:7

A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones. Proverbs 14:30

Romans 12:1 - 1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

Psalm 119:33 — Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end.

dwmoeller 09-18-2014 11:59 AM

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. - Proverbs 31:8

Thought: A timely word builds a bridge of kindness.