Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - March (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8491)

bluidkiti 03-20-2016 05:07 AM

March 20

1 Peter 2:2-3 - 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 8:35,38-39 NIV Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Psalm 37:8-9 - 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. 9 For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

bluidkiti 03-21-2016 08:49 AM

March 21

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 34:10 (NLT): Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a hard thing to learn but also critical in our relationship with God. God will take care of His children. Guaranteed! You can always trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn how to trust You in every area in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Jeremiah 17:7-8 - 7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. 8 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. Psalm 119:2

Leviticus 20:8 Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the LORD, who makes you holy.

dwmoeller 03-21-2016 09:37 AM

Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me. - Ephesians 3:8

Thought: From the least to the greatest, God freely gives His forgiveness to all who believe in Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti 03-22-2016 07:34 AM

March 22

1 John 3:16 (NIV) This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we out to lay down our lives for our brothers.

Thought: Do what it takes to deliver the gospel near and far. People are waiting to get the Good News.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1

Ephesians 6:10-11 - 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Luke 10:27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

bluidkiti 03-23-2016 09:09 AM

March 23

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many. - Matthew 20:28

Today’s Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:8-9 (NLT): So the LORD called a third time, and once more Samuel got up and went to Eli. “Here I am. Did you call me?” Then Eli realized it was the LORD who was calling the boy. So he said to Samuel, “Go and lie down again, and if someone calls again, say, ‘Speak, LORD, your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went back to bed.

Today’s Thought: God longs to speak to each one of us. However, sometimes we do not know when He is speaking just as Samuel did. However, the more you spend time with God, the easier it will become!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to know Your voice. I am listening. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

2 Peter 1:5-11 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8

dwmoeller 03-23-2016 09:27 AM

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. - Galatians 2:20

Thought: Once we were dead in sin. Now we are truly alive in Christ!

bluidkiti 03-24-2016 07:24 AM

March 24

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

Philippians 2:1-4 NIV If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Joel 2:12-13 - 12 “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” 13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

bluidkiti 03-25-2016 07:56 AM

March 25

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. - Romans 5:8

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Ephesians 6:14-16 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42

Matthew 6:14-15 - 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

bluidkiti 03-26-2016 07:21 AM

March 26

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. —Galatians 3:26-27

Philippians 1:29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,

1 John 4:15 NIV If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.

Daniel 9:9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;

bluidkiti 03-27-2016 09:01 AM

March 27

Psalm 62:7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?" - John 11:25-26

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NLT): In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: Love goes a long way. “For God so LOVED the world….” We need to demonstrate the love of God to people that God has put in our life. It may be a co-worker, customer, friend or maybe oven a cashier!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for loving me just the I am. I ask that You put people on my path today that need You. I also ask that You show me how to love people just as You love them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

Isaiah 40:8 NIV "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

bluidkiti 03-28-2016 07:32 AM

March 28

No power in the sky above or in the earth below-indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:39

1 Timothy 2:5-6 - 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

1 Peter 5:10 The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

James 3:13-18
Two Kinds of Wisdom

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7

dwmoeller 03-28-2016 09:12 AM

Show proper respect to everyone. 1 Peter 2:17

Thought: Let your words and actions lift another soul today!

dwmoeller 03-29-2016 09:22 AM

God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Thought: Is your burden great? Let God carry it for you.

bluidkiti 03-29-2016 09:37 AM

March 29

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. - 1 Timothy 4:8

Matthew 19:26 NIV Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Matthew 7:7-11 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

bluidkiti 03-30-2016 06:07 AM

March 30

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Corinthians 2:8 (NIV) I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.

Thought: Who needs to hear from you today?

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. - Galatians 5:13

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 22:37-39 (NLT): Jesus replied, “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Today’s Thought: Jesus makes it very clear to love God with everything within you. He goes one step further though; He says to love your neighbor as well. The root word for neighbor is described as “anyone near you” in the Greek.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to show everyone the love of God that You have shown me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 103:1-5 — Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits —
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.