Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - April (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17048)

bluidkiti 04-15-2019 08:55 AM

April 15

Romans 13:7-8 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. 8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. –Isaiah 12:2

John 6:35-40 35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

bluidkiti 04-16-2019 08:46 AM

April 16

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

James 1:12-18 12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. 13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. — John 3:16

Matthew 5:38-42 38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. –Psalm 118:24

bluidkiti 04-17-2019 06:38 AM

April 17

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." –Matthew 22:37-38

Luke 22:42 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Isaiah 40:28-31 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

bluidkiti 04-18-2019 07:25 AM

April 18

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son; that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

Colossians 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Romans 10:9-10 “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15

bluidkiti 04-19-2019 07:40 AM

April 19

Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

James 5:16 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost." Matthew 18:11

Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you."

bluidkiti 04-20-2019 06:43 AM

April 20

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. –1 Chronicles 16:10-11

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God trans*form you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. —Psalm 145:3-4

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. — John 14:27

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. — Psalm 91:1-2

bluidkiti 04-21-2019 07:20 AM

April 21

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being..." Acts 17:28

Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls. - 1 Peter 2:25

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:22 (NLT): A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

Today’s Thought: We are light in this dark world. People look to us, as Christians for strength whether they tell you or not. Let’s be cheerful today and see what God does!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life! I ask that Your joy flow out of me today so I can shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Philippians 3:12-14 — Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 15:57

bluidkiti 04-22-2019 08:02 AM

April 22

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. - II Thessalonians 2:16-17

Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. John 17:11

Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. –Proverbs 19:21

2 Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea. —Psalm 46:1-2

bluidkiti 04-23-2019 07:28 AM

April 23

Luke 12:22-24 22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

1 Peter 3:8-9 8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Psalm 91:1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Praise the LORD, O my soul. I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. —Psalm 146:1-2

2 Timothy 1:7 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

bluidkiti 04-24-2019 08:16 AM

April 24

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. Romans 8:38

I the Lord do not change. Malachi 3:6

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

bluidkiti 04-25-2019 09:46 AM

April 25

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. -- Psalm 18:2-3

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1

Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

bluidkiti 04-26-2019 07:08 AM

April 26

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed." - Deuteronomy 31:8

Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Galatians 6:1-2 1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

1 Peter 5:6-11 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Romans 12:3-8 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

bluidkiti 04-27-2019 06:33 AM

April 27

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end” (Ecclesiastes 3:11, NIV).

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Ecclesiastes 4:12

11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. (2 Corinthians 13:11).

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. –Isaiah 40:29-31

Psalm 115:14-15 14 May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children. 15 May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock? 2 Samuel 22:32

bluidkiti 04-28-2019 08:02 AM

April 28

John 14:23 – Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

Ephesians 4:26-27 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore! –1 Chronicles 16:11

Psalm 118:6 6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Psalm 103:19 19 The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.

bluidkiti 04-29-2019 07:31 AM

April 29

"Be vigilant, watch. Your adversary {the} devil as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Psalm 10:12 – Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, and He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. –Proverbs 3:5-6 AMP

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27 ESV

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." (Psalm 119:105, ESV)

Psalm 136:1 – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.

Deuteronomy 8:17-18a NIV You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.

Job 19:25 “I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.”