Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - September (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9515)

bluidkiti 09-13-2016 07:26 AM

September 13

Matthew 6:27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 3:8 (NLT): But you must not forget, dear friends, that a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.

Today’s Thought: God’s clock is not limited to our little 24-hour clock. Some of us have promises from God that we have been waiting on for years or even decades. He did not lie to you and you can trust that whatever He promised will come to pass!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to get weary as I wait on what You have promised me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.

Isaiah 26:3 NIV You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

dwmoeller 09-13-2016 08:42 AM

Jesus said, "It is finished." - John 19:30

Thought: Jesus had paid in full the debt of your sins and mine.

bluidkiti 09-14-2016 06:24 AM

September 14

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Philippians 2:1-2 1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

Luke 15:8-10 (NIV) - “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

"To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Colossians 1:2

Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

bluidkiti 09-15-2016 08:08 AM

September 15

1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. — Ephesians 4:2

1 John 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

1 John 5:13-14 - 13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

bluidkiti 09-16-2016 07:31 AM

September 16

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. - Romans 8:26

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." —Genesis 9:16

James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

John 16:24 NIV Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

bluidkiti 09-17-2016 07:07 AM

September 17

Psalm 30:2 LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.

My child, don't reject the LORD's discipline, and don't be upset when he corrects you. For the LORD corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights. - Proverbs 3:11-12

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 3:14 (NLT): And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to live a pure and blameless life. And be at peace with God.

Today’s Thought: There was only one perfect person that walked the earth – Jesus. However, we should make every effort to live a holy life. God knows we will make mistakes and He will forgive us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a pure and holy life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Ephesians 5:1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children

"Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses." Psalms 107:13

Matthew 19:25-26 - 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?” 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

bluidkiti 09-18-2016 11:22 AM

September 18

This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. - Hebrews 4:15

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Psalm 105:1 NIV Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

bluidkiti 09-19-2016 07:39 AM

September 19

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

1 Timothy 6:11 (NIV) ...pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

Thought: You have a lot to live for. God is molding you in His image every day.

So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. - Hebrews 10:35-36

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.— 1 John 2:17

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

Psalm 109:30 (NIV) - With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him.

bluidkiti 09-20-2016 07:47 AM

September 20

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. - Psalm 91:2

Today’s Scripture: James 1:4 (NLT): If you need wisdom-if you want to know what God wants you to do-ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking.

Today’s Thought: We need to ask God for wisdom every day. God does not get mad if you keep asking and you can never have too much Godly wisdom!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You give me wisdom as I make decisions today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "The Christ of God." —Luke 9:20

Mark 10:27 NIV Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Psalm 37:7 (NIV) - Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

"I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me." Psalms 3:5

bluidkiti 09-21-2016 07:56 AM

September 21

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. - Zephaniah 3:17

2 Corinthians 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Psalm 37:7 (NIV) - Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

dwmoeller 09-21-2016 02:36 PM

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him. - Psalm 103:17

Thought: God's love radiates in all directions forever from the cross.

bluidkiti 09-22-2016 07:48 AM

September 22

Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. You can make many plans, but the LORD's purpose will prevail. - Proverbs 19:20-21

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. —1 Corinthians 9:22

Romans 15:7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

1 Peter 3:8 NIV Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

Ephesians 4:2-3 (NIV) - Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

bluidkiti 09-23-2016 07:33 AM

September 23

Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. - Colossians 3:12

James 1:12 (NLT): God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Today’s Thought: When we endure testing & hardships we must keep our heads up. We must remember that God knows what we are going through & He will take care of us!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me trust You no matter what comes at me today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes." Mark 9:23

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." — Matthew 7:7-8

Romans 5:3-4 - 3 Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Mark 11:24 NIV Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

1 John 5:1-5 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor. Proverbs 21:21

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Lamentations 3:25-26 - 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

dwmoeller 09-23-2016 01:45 PM

One man give freely, yet gains even more. Proverbs 11:24

Thought: The joy is in the giving.

bluidkiti 09-24-2016 08:05 AM

September 24

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

"... I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD. —Jeremiah 9:24

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD. — Proverbs 21:30

Hebrews 10:35-36 “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.”

Philippians 4:4 NIV Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Matthew 8:23-27
Jesus Calms the Storm
Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

"The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." Psalms 145:9