Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 16

Father, your Spirit lives in me, and I am swift to hear. I have learned it’s more important to listen than to be heard. I purpose to be slow to speak, and choose the words I speak with grace. I am slow to become angry. May my recreated human spirit, under the control of the Holy Spirit bear fruit — joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that when I truly commit my life to You, it means that I accept You as Lord of my life, that I am willing to stop going my own way and "doing my own thing," and that I am now ready to commit to seeking Your will for my life. Give me the strength to keep my resolve. ... Remind me too that You do indeed answer prayers, not always as I may desire, but according to what I am ready for, or what is best for me. You may answer: "Yes," "No," "Wait a while," or "I have something better in mind!" ... Oh Lord, help me to realize that I can truly count on You -- the question is: "Will You be able to count on me?" ... Help me, Lord, for I am often weak.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God's Simple Message

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

Dear Father, God of all true wisdom, power, and glory,

When I set about to share your Good News about Jesus with other people, keep me from using lofty concepts or high-sounding words. Let me speak of nothing except Christ and him crucified.

Help me to understand that it is okay for me to show my own weakness, fear, and trembling. Let my words demonstrate your Spirit and power, so that the faith which germinates will rest not in my wisdom but in yours.

In the name of Jesus, by his authority, and according to his will I lift up this petition to you. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, may we receive your Spirit so that we win the victory over ourselves and over the world around us, not with our human crudeness, force, and clamor, but only through your Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. Help each of us in our own particular situation. We all know there is much evil around us; there is much we must fight. But in Jesus' name we want to plunge right in, right into the world, right into whatever suffering is meant for us in the midst of the evil that is not yet overcome. In Jesus' name we go toward the great victory that will come when all who are granted your joy will praise you with all their hearts, O Father in heaven. Amen.

Prayer: Father God, be near me in my suffering tonight. It is sometimes hard for me to accept that suffering is a part of life, but it is comforting to know that You are with me always and are working all things together for good. Renew my tired spirit and continually put before me the hope each new day brings.

Blessing: May you experience how deep and rich and wide the love of God can be in your life. May you see your present sufferings as nothing compared to the future glory that will be revealed in heaven. In the midst of your suffering, may you reach for God’s hand and cling to the redemptive work of the Father.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply