Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Spiritual Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Be good to yourself by enjoying yourself every day in every way. Feel free to let loose and have fun.

Visualize now, yourself, throughout all of your ages. From childhood, when you were a joyful, alive, vibrant, wonderful child . . . through the growing-up years . . . to your current age. . . . And surround yourself in this beautiful light. . . . You of all ages . . . this is all of you, there is no time. . . . You are safe. You are surrounded in light. Send yourself this light, this love. And bring all of these images of you into your heart . . . so that you are complete. And there is nothing to fear. You are safe. .

Brian L. Weiss M.D.

EVERYDAY MIRACLES

There is within each of us the possibility of magnificence. Every moment is an opportunity to make it manifest. Let the spirit awaken you to a miraculous life.

Joy is our goal, our destiny. We cannot know who we are except in joy. Not knowing joy, we do not know ourselves. When we are without joy, we grope in the dark. When we are centered in joy, we attain our wisdom.

Marianne Williamson

Metta, or loving kindness, is one of the most important Buddhist practices. Simply stated, metta is the heartfelt wish for the well-being of oneself and others. When describing metta, the Buddha used the analogy of the care a mother gives her only child. Lovingkindness is also understood as the innate friendliness of an open heart. To practice lovingkindness meditation, sit in a comfortable and relaxed manner. Take two or three deep breaths with slow, long, and complete exhalations. Let go of any concerns or preoccupations. For a few minutes, feel or imagine the breath moving through the center of your chest in the area of your heart. Metta is first practiced toward oneself, since we often have difficulty loving others without first loving ourselves. Sitting quietly, mentally repeat, slowly and steadily, the following or similar phrases: May I be happy. May I be well. May I be safe. May I be peaceful and at ease. After a period of directing lovingkindness toward yourself, bring to mind a friend or someone in your life who has deeply cared for you. Then slowly repeat phrases of lovingkindness toward him or her: May you be happy. May you be well. May you be safe. May you be peaceful and at ease.

Joan Duncan Oliver

We all know people who have passed on. See their light shining, and let their love surround us and soothe us. Each one of us has an infinite supply of love to give. The more we give, the more there is to give. Yes, sometimes it hurts to feel, but thank God we can feel. Let us be comforted and be at peace. And so it is.

Louise Hay

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply