Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Sponsors and Sponsees Help Forum

Share This Forum!  

Sponsors and Sponsees Help Forum This forum is to discuss any topics, questions or comments you have on sponsorship from How To Pick A Sponsor to When To Step Back and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2017, 02:50 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I understand where you are coming from, a lot of people in NA think the same. That is why they all branch out into different fellowships. It is also why there is a high relapse and drug overdose amongst the members. They think the problem is the drug. If they put it down, they will be just fine. We both know what fine means (frustrated, insecure, neurotic, and emotional), when in fact the mood swings alone drive them crazy, and they have to recognize that they have to change the thinking. Get rid of the old to make room for the new.

I go to NA now and I used to belong to a women's group and I have also belong to a CA women's group and when I came into recovery, I was a member of an AA women's group for four years. I have only gone to NA off and on. I helped NA get meetings started in the local jail. I was going for AA and the clients asked for NA. I went into the jail for 8 years. I had never been to jail myself, but no one was more of a prisoner of her own mind than I was, I didn't need steel bars.

Some people do not understand. I belong on both sides of the street. I have sponsored addicts who were addicted to different substances. Two went back out and didn't make it back. They didn't want to go to meetings and do any step work or talk recovery. I couldn't keep them sober and I was as powerless over their addiction as I was of my own. I am not the power.

My sponsor also had her own issues. She is no longer my sponsor because she has two other addiction, which she substituted for her drug of choice.

Almost forgot your question. Rule 62, helps me to talk to you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply