Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

STEP 4 Fear Turnarounds

For every Third Column situation and our fear reaction, we fill in our ‘turnarounds.’
Make multiple copies or expand in your notebook.

Where am I responsible? But did not we, ourselves, set the ball rolling? (67: 3)

Write our Motives. Referring to our list again.Putting out of our minds the wrongs others had done, we resolutely looked for our own mistakes.Where had we been selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and frightened? (67: 2)
We write down and share precisely and in detail what our motives were.
………………………………………………………………………………….
Where was I selfish? (67: 2) [Concern for self regardless of others. Self-absorbed.]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Where was I dishonest? (67: 2) [A tendency to deceit, conceal our true character, lack perspective. We believed our own lies.]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Where was I self-seeking (67: 2) or inconsiderate? (69: 1) [Concern for self over – or under – others.]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Where was I frightened? (67: 2) [Habitual anxiety: Afraid of losing something we have, not getting something we want, or of being found out for who we are.]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

……………………………………………………………………………….

Write our faults.
The inventory was ours, not the other man's. When we saw our faults we listed them. We placed them [faults] before us in black and white. (67: 2)

Where was I at fault? (67: 2) [A seismic gap between our own or others’ deeply held values or our own instincts in collision. Out of bounds? Miss the mark?]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(Why do we act this way? Because….see p. 338)
……………………………………………………………………………….
Willing to change.
Step 4 Fear Turnaround Meditation / Prayer.

3rd Fear question: “{#3}May I share my feelings and experiences about trusting and relying on the higher power of my understanding?” (See 68: 2, 3)
-
-
-
-

[Optional: God of my understanding, I pray that you remove my fear and direct my attention to being who you would have me be today. May thy will, not mine, be done. (See 68: 3)]

pp. 57-58
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply