Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default H.O.W.

"Out of Honesty, Open mindedness and Willingness, which of these three did you get first in early recover?"

The principles of the first three Steps.

The first thing that came to my mind was "willingness" was what I got first, out of the three. Now some few years later, as I reflect back to my early days of being sober, "willingness" was the first of the three that I got. I had the willingness to go to any lengths. I was willing to do what ever it would take for me to stay sober, one day at a time. And now that I think of it, without willingness there was no way that I could get honest. Honesty certainly came later, because for a period of time while sober, I knew that I was cash register honest, but it took a long time to find self-honesty. I was blessed with the gift to be able to listen as only the dying could, for inside, I was dying. It was a big step for me to not watch Jeopardy and leave to go to a meeting.

My mind was open to ideas, not so open to make changes and accept readily what others were saying, but I knew my best thinking got me to the doors of recovery. I was very much the person who said, "Don't tell me, show me." Walk your talk.

And as I have already read, many times....

'WILLINGNESS IS THE KEY."

Many times I have had to pray for the willingness to be willing.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply