Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-28-2022, 09:44 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default Fooling No One But Myself

I was shocked to find out that everyone knew that I didn't like myself. I thought I had kept this well hidden because of the shame I would have if anyone ever found this out about me. I wanted to run away from being in recovery when I found out everyone knew this about me. It became apparent that I had been fooling no one but myself. I didn't know that everyone else could tell through my very own actions that I was not a friend to myself, nor that I even like who I was. Even though I didn't have a problem with showing this to anyone I was still shocked to find this out. Most people I encountered either turned away from me or just ignored me being this way. Except for the first person I ever came across who was in recovery they seemed very interested in this fact that I was like this towards myself. At the time I didn't understand why they were and why they were not reacting to me like everyone else had. I know now that they too had once been like this and no longer were. I could sense that they weren't like me now, but they had to convince me they had ever been like me before, and they did. It helped me tremendously when they did this because it gave me hope that somehow I could change from not liking myself, to being able to like who I'm.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply