Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc

Share This Forum!  

Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc A place for you to express yourself. Share inspirations, poetry, quotes, writings etc. here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #76
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 21

“The god that people reject is not the true god, it is a god they have conjured up apart from proper education, and understanding. In such cases, the least Fools Crow will do is to call their assumptions into question, and force them to re-evaluate their position.”
–Thomas Mails on Fools Crow, LAKOTA

Inside of every person – man, woman, and child – is the knowledge that there is a Supreme Being. Many of us have been taught that the Creator is a punishing God. We have been taught about feelings of guilt and shame when we do things wrong. We have been taught that God gets angry and disappointed with us. The Elders teach us that the Creator is a loving and forgiving God. He loves us during our good days and He loves us during our bad days. He doesn’t know how to do anything but love. If I really want to find out about the true God, I only need to ask in prayer. There is one thing that God cannot do and that is refuse help to one of His children who asks.

My Creator, I ask You to be a part of my life today. Whisper to me Your wisdom. Let me feel Your presence. If I am doubtful and afraid, show me, in terms I can understand, You are real.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #77
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The Ten Commandments of Mother Earth

I. Thou shalt love and honour the Earth
for it blesses thy life and governs thy survival.

II. Thou shalt keep each day sacred to the Earth
and celebrate the turning of its seasons.

III. Thou shalt not hold thyself above other
living things nor drive them to extinction.

IV. Thou shalt give thanks for thy food,
to the creatures and plants that nourish thee.

V. Thou shalt educate thy offspring for multitudes
of people are a blessing unto the Earth
when we live in harmony.

VI. Thou shall not kill, nor waste Earth’s
riches upon weapons of war.

VII. Thou shalt not pursue profit at the Earth’s
expense but strive to restore its damaged majesty.

VIII. Thou shalt not hide from thyself or others the
consequences of thy actions upon the Earth.

IX. Thou shalt not steal from future generations
by impoverishing or poisoning the Earth.

X. Thou shalt consume material goods in moderation

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #78
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 22

“The one who wishes to be a true medicine person must be a person of faith, and they can only work successfully with those who also have faith.”
–Fools Crow, LAKOTA

Medicine People are spiritual beings who have made a decision to seek the Red Road. They sacrifice and seek the way of the Creator. After many years of dedication, the Grandfathers teach them about power, and about laws, and about how to use the medicine. The Medicine People develop tremendous faith in their medicine and in the Creator. When we go to the Medicine People, we too must have faith so they can help us. We can only be helped if we want to be helped. Because the Medicine People know how to help – that is only one half of it. The other half is up to us. We must have faith that the medicine has powers to help.

My Creator, faith is belief without evidence. Today, give me the faith. Let me trust that You are running my life. Let me know You are in charge of all things. Let my mind not wonder; let me stand strong on Your path today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:56 PM   #79
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 23

“He [Wakan Tanka] walks with us along the pathways of Life, and He can do for us what we could never do on our own.”
–Fools Crow, LAKOTA

With the Creator in our lives, we are everything. Without the Creator, we are nothing. When the Creator is in our life, suddenly the impossible becomes possible. The extraordinary becomes ordinary. Things we thought could never happen start to happen. Talents we never know we had, start to blossom. Resources appear. Help arrives to give us guidance and direction. We become happy. We have peace of mind and confidence.

Oh Great Spirit, today I want You in my life. The days that I know You are with me are the days that are perfect. Let me be joyful today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #80
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 24

“Believing people can soar beyond ordinary life.”
–Fools Crow, LAKOTA

We are created by God to be vision people. First we set the goal and then we see. If we create within ourselves a picture or vision and we hold that picture or vision in our mind, whatever we picture will show up in our reality. If we can see ourselves being educated, then schools and teachers will show up in our lives. If we picture in our mind a positive, spiritual person to be in our lives, we will attract this type of person in our relationships. How big can our dreams be?

Great Spirit, let my visions today be Your vision. Put within me a vision of the being you would have me be. Then help me to keep the vision in my mind.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:05 AM   #81
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 25

“We are called hollow bones for our people and for anyone else we can help, and we are not supposed to seek power for our personal use and honor.” –Fools Crow, LAKOTA

In order for us to use our power well, we must become a hollow bone. We must prepare ourselves to become a channel. Our channel must be clean before we can use our power well. We must be free of resentments, guilt, shame, anger, self pity, and fear. If these things are in us, we cannot be hollow bones. These things block us from our power. The cleaner we are, the more power we move. We must become a hollow bone so the Creator can use us to do what he wants us to do.

My Creator, remove from me today all resentment, anger, fear, guilt and selfishness. Do not let my weaknesses stand in the way of my usefulness to You. Make me a hollow bone so Your power can flow through me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #82
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 26

“…when faithful human beings or other creatures called upon them for help, they [the Powers of the Four Directions] must send their powers…”
–Fools Crow, LAKOTA

Each of the four directions has special powers. These powers or Grandfathers are there to help us. The powers are from the East, the South, the West, and the North. To call upon the power we need to stand in the center and face each of the directions and honor all forms of life in each direction. Facing the East we honor all the two legged, four legged, winged ones, plants’ nation and the animals. We repeat this prayer in each of the four directions. This allows us to become centered. When we are centered, then we are ready to call the helpers. It is said, when the student is ready, the teacher appears. If we are to be ready, we need to remember to always get quiet first. We do this by honoring and praying to the four directions.

Grandfathers from the four directions, come to me today with Your powers. Give me Your gifts so I can serve the people.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #83
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 27

“What could be greater than to be Wakan-Tanka’s mind, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, arms, hands, legs, and feet here on Earth?”
–Fools Crow, LAKOTA

In order for the Creator to do His work on this earth, He needs the human being to do it. How He guides us is through our eyes, ears, hands, nose, mouth, arms legs and feet. We are instruments of the Creator. We are His keepers of the Earth. We are the keepers of our brothers. We are to teach His children. We are to respect the things He has made. We are to take care of ourselves and treat our bodies and our minds with respect. We are to do respectful things. We are to walk the Sacred Path. We should have good thoughts. We should do only things that we think the Creator would have us do. What an honor to be a human being. What an honor that He would talk to us and guide us to perform His wonders.

Oh Great Spirit, let me appreciate the role you have given me. Let my sense be sharp to hear Your voice. Keep my mind clean so I can do the things You would have me do.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #84
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 28

“Whenever you take anything from the Earth, remember to leave an offering.”
–Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE

We need to look at nature and its inhabitants as our brothers and sisters. Whenever we pick plants or herbs, we should leave an offering of tobacco. We should talk to the plants and ask their permission to use them. The plants will feel honored to be of service for each of them knows they are here to serve. Each of them knows they carry a special medicine and this medicine is about continuing the cycle of life. We need always to be grateful to our brothers and sisters.

Creator, I thank you for the opportunity of life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #85
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 29

“We forget so we consider ourselves superior. But we are, after all, a mere part of the creation and we must consider to understand where we are and we stand somewhere between the mountain and the Ant. Somewhere and only there is a part and parcel of the creation.”
–Chief Oren Lyons, ONONDAGA

Every human being gathers information from the center of a circle. If we are not careful, we soon think we are the center of all things. Therefore, it is easy to become self centered. Once we become self centered we start to think we are above all things and therefore superior. But we are really only one part of a great whole. The universe is all connected. Each part is here to do something special and according to its design. We are here to honor and respect the job of each part. We are neither above nor below anything. We need not be ruler over anything, we need only to live in honor and harmony with the system.

My Creator, help me to view and conduct myself in a manner of respect, dignity and honor to all creation. Let me see You in all things.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #86
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day June 30

“Words hypnotize and deceive everyone at one time or another, but these hypnotic words cannot last long in the hearts of true warriors.”
–Barney Bush, SHAWNEE

We are a part of an interconnected system. Words in themselves have no meaning. It is the spirit and intent behind the words that really show the meaning. We are connected to each other at the center of the atom which makes up the air and our body. The center of the air’s atom system is connected to the center of our body’s system. I am connected to you and you are connected to me in the center of our being. If my words have no meaning, you can feel this through the center of your being.

Great Spirit, help me make my word good. Let me do the things I say I will, and let me say the things I will do – and do it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #87
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day July 1

“I’m an Indian, I’m one of God’s children.”
–Mathew King, LAKOTA

My Creator, today let me remember the reason I’m here on Mother Earth. Let me look into my own eyes and see the beauty You have created. Let me have good thoughts. Being Indian is not the color of my skin. Being Indian is to listen to my heart, to think only the things You have taught, to watch nature, and live in harmony. Being Indian is to walk in prayer, to talk to You constantly during the day. Being Indian is to act and to walk in a sacred way.

Today, let me think in beauty, let me walk in beauty, let me pray in beauty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loveyou.jpg (105.6 KB, 0 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:21 AM   #88
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day July 2

“If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself.”
–Hunbatz Men, MAYAN

It is said, when we need love the most is when we deserve it the least. Whenever I have secret thoughts about someone else, it will put bad feelings inside myself. I will hurt myself. If I secretly hold a grudge or resentment against my brother or sister, I will be a slave to that person until I let them go. Let me remember to look at my brother in a sacred manner. Today, let me think like a Warrior. Let my thoughts toward my brothers and sisters be good thoughts. Let me remember that You are in charge. If I get upset at another person today, let me remember that the most important thing I can do is to first talk to You because when I am right with You, it is impossible to be out of harmony with my brothers and sisters.

My Creator, take my hand and guide me through today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #89
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day July 3

“When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded by friends and surrounded by God.”
–Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE

Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting, remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks; Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.

Great Spirit, let me honor and respect the forest and all the life it contains.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:17 AM   #90
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Elder’s Meditation of the Day July 5

“It does not require many words to speak the truth.”
–Chief Joseph, NEZ PERCE

The truth shall set you free. This is the truth. When we speak the Truth, we do not need to be defensive. Truth needs no defense. When we speak the Truth, we do not need to attack because Truth cannot be attacked. It is so easy to want to manipulate or to be deceitful or dishonest. My head tells me I can get away with doing these things, after all everybody does it.

My Creator, today let me know Truth. Let me live Truth. Let me risk the Truth. Let me make the Truth sweet. Help me to make my word good. Let Your spirit and intent be added to by words. Let My thoughts be Truth.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply