Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #36
bluidkiti
Administrator

SESSION 18

STEP 10 Into Action pp. 84 - 85

Step 10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
A daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. (85: 1)

Daily Step 10 written inventory Take Step 10

ION YOUR OWN: STUDY – What did the Big Book authors say?
  • READ Read Chapter 6 Into Action pages 83- 85 in the Big Book. Many read Step 10 in the 12&12. What does it mean that ‘the Promises’ directly precede Step 10 in the Big Book?

• WRITE Continue your written journal of your reflections. Remember that if you are upset with someone, your emotional reactions are acceptable and valid, no matter what they are. Go deeper with a feeling before trying to make it go away. What might your anger be covering up? If you choose to act on your feelings in a vengeful or manipulative way, you may have some regrets later on.

• TALK Talk with your sponsor and other members of your group. Step 10 combines self examination (inventory) with making amends.

• PRACTICE DAILY MEDITATION / PRAYER

II WITH THE GROUP: PRACTICE – What does the Big Book say to me about my practice of Step 10?
We may share our reflections. One or more members of the group may choose to speak on Step 10 by the Big Book.

Points of Focus and Reflection (Consider 84: 2-85: 2)
1.) Continued to take personal inventory
  • How may I work Step 10 to keep me within this day?
  • What did I do today that worked and did not work to give me and others serenity and peace of mind? (84: 2) (See page 34 this workbook for Step 10 inventory.)
  • Can I determine my responsibility and do what is necessary to set things straight, and let go of the outcome?

2.) When we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
  • Have I been resentful, selfish, dishonest, or afraid? (84: 2)
  • Have I allowed myself to become too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired?
  • Have I kept something to myself that I should have discussed with my sponsor?
  • Was there fear in my life today? (84: 2)
  • Have I harmed others, directly, or indirectly, today? How?
  • Do I owe any apologies or amends? Where was I wrong? (84: 2)
  • Was I out of bounds? Did I make mistakes; miss the mark?
  • If I could do it over again, what would I do differently?
  • How might I do better next time?

3.) We have entered the world of the spirit. (84: 2)Watch. Ask. Turn.
  • Do I watch for my selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear as I go through the day? (84: 2)
  • Do I ask God of my understanding to remove these at once, because I am now watching and I am starting to be awake? (84: 2)
  • Do I turn that force of my self-willfulness to the good of others? (84: 2)

4.) Step 10 promises
  • Have I ceased fighting anythingor anyoneeven alcohol? (84: 3)
  • Have I been restored to sanity? (85: 0) Is this the sanity of Step 2?
  • Has my spiritual malady been overcome; have I straightened out mentally (meaning the obsession of the mind that takes me to a drink)? (See 64: 3)
  • Am I …recovered…? (17: 1)

5.) We are not cured of alcoholism (85: 1)
  • Is it enough for me just to stay sober? Have I been letting up on my spiritual program of action and resting on my laurels? (85: 1)

III DAILY PRACTICE OF STEP 10 PRINCIPLES
  • How may I not forget how important my happiness and my comfort are, one day at a time?
  • How may I do the work of recovery, regardless of how I feel?
  • How may I be honest with myself, about myself, while an event is still happening?
  • When I make a mistake do I think I am the mistake, or that it was human error?
  • What have I done today about which I feel positive?
  • How may I know which principles I need to practice in a given situation?

…………………………………………………….
IV TAKE STEP 10 ON A DAILY BASIS
We take Step 10 in the second paragraph on page 84.
We continue to take personal inventory and continue to set right any new mistakes as we go along. (84: 2)

According to the Big Book and under the conditions of this day, we practice Step 10 on a daily basis.
Acknowledge taking Step 10 in the manner that you and your group see fit.

See page 34 of this workbook for the optional Step 10 Daily Written Inventory (Assets and Liabilities Checklist.)

pp. 89-90
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply