Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - April 7

Take advantage of every day for the Lord. – Robert J. Morgan

God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Use God in the beginning, not as a last resort.

Happy is the one who walks so close to God that there is no room for the devil to come between them.

Never be too busy to spend time with God.

When God calls us to do what seems too difficult for us, we can pray for God’s strength, and reach out to others for help. Through these experiences, we get to see the beauty of combining perseverance and humility.

Jesus’ grace brings new life to each of us.

God never forgets any of us. Though each of us is only one among billions, God always knows who we are. No matter how far we stray or how much time passes before we return to the Lord, God always remembers us, loves us, and calls us by name.

In uncertain circumstances, God will remain steadfast.

God's Timing: Embrace Your Place by Christine Caine, from Unstoppable
I don’t know what your story is, where you’ve been, what you’ve done, or what has been done to you. But I do know from God’s Word that you are not here, in this place and this time, by accident.
As you give God your time, your gifts, your resources and talents, He will use them to have a critically important and eternal impact on this world.
God demonstrates this truth in the story of David. Through his life, we can see God’s preparation process in action and discover the principles we need to grasp so that we, like David, can learn to embrace our place. Saul was the first king of the Israelites, but after leading them for about twenty-five years, Saul rebelled so much against the Lord that God sent His prophet Samuel to anoint the future king who would succeed Saul. The Lord said to Samuel...
I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king. - 1 Samuel 16:1
So Samuel went as instructed and had Jesse present his sons. We are about to witness an important principle: God chooses the part we play. Let’s admit it — from a human standpoint, there are times when God’s choices defy our logic. Left to his own judgment, the prophet got it wrong. He looked at the firstborn, Eliab, saw his impressive appearance and size, and assumed Eliab must be God’s choice. When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed stands here before the Lord.” But the Lord said to Samuel,
Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:6-7
Clearly, God’s ways are not our ways. He’s not looking for obvious external qualifications. God looks at the heart.
So Samuel considered the next son, and then the next, and the one after that, until finally, Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, “The Lord has not chosen these.” So he asked Jesse, “Are these all the sons you have?” “There is still the youngest,” Jesse answered. “He is tending the sheep.” 1 Samuel 16:10-11
David, the last born, the least qualified from a human point of view, was so far removed from his father’s mind as a possible candidate for this job that Jesse hadn’t even brought him to the selection process. A mere teenager, David was out tending the sheep, faithfully serving his family in the job he’d been given. We can hardly imagine his shock when, plucked from his shepherding, he found himself face-to-face with a prophet of God who did this:
Then the Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; this is the one.” So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. - 1 Samuel 16:12-13
David did not choose to be king. God chose David to be king. And where was David when he was summoned? Serving in obscurity.
When we trust that God chooses the part we play, then we need not worry about our obscurity and anonymity, only our obedience to play our part.
Are you given the jobs that no one else wants? Welcome them. Do you feel disregarded by your family, your boss, your coworkers? Then you are in David’s good company. He was marked by God as the right person for the right job at the right time. We must remember that God has designed us and knows how and where we fit perfectly into His body so that we will reach our optimum potential. You must have confidence in God’s design and placement in order to embrace your place.
If you feel lost in anonymity in the place you are now serving, think of David, working in the fields when his brothers were being paraded in front of Saul, each as a potential king. You are not anonymous to God. He knows your name. He sees you when you faithfully serve Him. God knows your potential and your faithfulness when no one else does. God sees your heart, and if God has assigned you to your place, God will find you when it is time for your promotion.
Your Turn:Are you frustrated with God's timing? Do you feel ignored at work? Overlooked at home? Forgotten in a place where you serve? Trust God for His perfect timing!

Understanding the Root of Your Fruit by Joyce Meyer
Nehemiah 8:10 is an encouraging scripture that says, “…Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength” (AMP). God wants us to stay joyful no matter what difficulties we face in life, because His joy is our strength. Simply put, it’s the fruit of joy that strengthens us to go through whatever we have to deal with and make it to the end result. That’s why, as Christians, joy should be our normal mood.
Paul was determined to enjoy the journey no matter how many potholes were in the road. In Colossians 1:11, he wrote, “[We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy” (AMP). Our joy is a weapon. It gives us the ability to not only endure difficulties, but to enjoy life in the midst of them.
Obstacles to Joy
But what happens when you wake up in the morning feeling low, irritated, discouraged or frustrated—and you don’t know exactly why? There has to be a reason. Well, for every “fruit” there is a root. And if you don’t get to the root of a bad mood, you just start blaming everything and everybody for making you feel bad, and focusing only on all the things that are wrong rather than the good God is doing in your life.
It’s amazing how our minds automatically lean toward the negative. That’s our old, unregenerate nature at work. But God’s Word says we are new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). And Ephesians 4:24 tells us to “put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God’s image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness” (AMP). This means we have to deliberately put on Christ’s love, mercy and patience—it’s a choice we make.
Before you start thinking, “But Joyce, you don’t understand how bad things have been and how much I’m hurting,” I want to remind you of an encouraging truth. God never tells us to do something He doesn’t give us the ability to do. Philippians 4:13 (AMP) says, “I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].” The key is to always lean on Jesus for the ability and strength you need to do what you need to do.
Figure Out Why You Feel Bad
If you’re frustrated by a bad attitude and not sure how to begin to overcome it, you need to discover the root of the fruit. Sometimes there are obvious reasons we feel lousy. It may be a bad habit, like not eating right or staying up too late at night. I always feel bad the next day when I eat too much sugar and carbohydrates. The simple solution is to eat healthier and go to bed at a decent time.
On a spiritual level, maybe you care too much about what people think about you to the point you are letting them control you. As a result you always say “yes” to people when you really want to say, “no.” Or you wake up feeling bad because you did something wrong the day before and haven’t repented of it yet. Now you’re reaping the consequences. But 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (NKJV).
Is Your Spiritual Gas Tank Empty?
When I do a conference, I give it my all, and I’m glad to do it. But when I go home, if I don’t take time to get back in the Word, spend quiet time with God and get “filled up” spiritually, I’m bound to get a bad mood and start grumbling and complaining. When I run on empty, I’m a mess!
You must spend daily time in God’s presence if you’re going to live with the joy of the Lord. The more intimate your personal relationship with Him becomes, the better your fruit will be. Isaiah 40:31 (AMP) confirms it:
“Those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.”
If you’re not living with the joy of the Lord, examine the root of your fruit. Spend time with God, study the Word, do what He tells you to do by His grace, and soon your joy will return.
How to Make a Bad Day Better: “I’m having a bad day.” It’s a phrase we’ve all heard and have probably said ourselves. But God doesn’t want us to be held hostage by our circumstances. He wants us to know He is always with us, ready to help us with every problem we have. As we put our trust in Him, He’ll help us turn our attitude around! This week, when your circumstances aren’t what you’d like them to be, ask God to help you—and then receive His gifts of peace, joy, strength and patience.
This Week's Scripture: Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4
Tip from Joyce: “Any time throughout the day if there is anything that seems to be draining your energy or joy…stop right then and talk to God…. He is listening!” – Joyce Meyer
Study Suggestion: Talk to God just like you would a friend. Ask questions, share your frustrations, be totally and completely honest.

Never Drop Your Guard by Rev. Keith J Walsworth
Long, long ago, when Brenda and I first went into the pastorate, we bought a home, lake front property in Western Michigan. That was when we were rolling in the dough. Actually my total income was $250 a month. I was still a Bible College student and driving 120 miles back and forth to school. Try to budget the purchase of a home on that income!
We did buy a lakefront home for $10,000 on a land contract. It was in need of serious repair (windows were broken out, 2 Doberman Pinchers made a number of deposits on the carpet, and the walls had holes in them) but I had a vision. We gutted the place and made a beautiful lakefront home for our family of 4 - I told you it was long long long ago!
I bought a pair of Mallard ducks to raise there at the lake. I kept them in our small shed. I fed, watered, and attempted to tame them. One day, after the ice had melted, I decided to take them down to the lake. They played in the water and stayed close by.
That afternoon I tried to catch the ducklings. I had my fish net and knee boots, but they weren't ready to come in. I learned quickly how nicely ducks can dive and pop up out of the water - nowhere near you! I did manage to catch them, but not until I had filled both boots with icy water and was completely out of breath. Needless to say I didn't take them for another swim.
When spring finally came I decided to set them free. They stayed close by-- knowing I was the one that fed them-- but not for long. As they grew they began to wander and started becoming quite independent. In fact by the time they reached full size they knew the entire lake. They also learned that another man fed ducks and geese directly across the lake from us.
With plenty of food, both natural and what was provided for them by me and others, they became very fat ducks. The lake was small so they never flew much, just swam from one location to another. This wasn't a problem until winter. During the fall migration, flocks and flocks of geese and ducks would stop at the lake. They would rest a few days, filling up their gizzards and be on their way.
I wasn't sure what my ducks would do, would they stick around or fly south with the others? Well after a couple of days of severely cold temperatures the shallow lake began to freeze. As it froze the ducks were being pushed to the center of the lake and then the last open water froze and my ducks were stranded on the ice in the middle of the lake. I waited to see what they would do - they did nothing!
After two days I decided to try and make a rescue. That night I put an inner tube under my arms, fishnet in my hands and began to slowly inch my way to the middle of the lake. It was extremely cold and the ice cracked under my softly sliding feet from the freezing/expanding ice. When I finally got within 75 yards of the ducks I could see that the color of the ice was darker where they were. I assumed the ice wasn't going to be thick enough to hold this crazy nut so I retreated from my brave rescue.
The next day I saw a bald eagle, an enemy of the ducks, make a steep "brunch" dive from the sky, and sure enough he devoured one for lunch. The enemy had the ducks right where he wanted them - away from my care and protection where they were open game.
Isn't that what often happens with many of us? God is our provider and caretaker, but we want our independence and tend to wander from Him. We soon learn the world offers to meet our fleshly needs. All the time we "enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season" we don't realize the danger we're in. We get spiritually flabby and soon forget the need to fly (or is that flee?).
All the while our Heavenly Father knows our dangers and even makes attempts to rescue us, but we're too far out on the thin ice and are oblivious to His attempts. We are no longer heeding the warning of "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". Then out of nowhere that adversary attacks.
Where are you dear friend? Are you like the Psalmist asking God to "hide me under the shadow of thy wings" or have you begun to delight in the delicacies of the world, oblivious to the present dangers?
Oh, how we need to realize that God's forgiveness and grace is just a prayer away. For the person that has never come to know Christ as their Lord and Savior the Bible promises that "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." And for the believer that has wandered from our Lord's protection we're told that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
So what are we waiting for? Does the enemy have to attack before we wake up? Let us hear the warning of the writer of Hebrews,
"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. As has just been said: 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.'" (Hebrews 3:12-15)
I can guarantee you that if the ducks would have stayed in my care and protection the enemy would never have devoured them. Don't forget God's promise to us,
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil (our enemy), and he will flee from you. (James 4:7, paranthetical comment added)

THE PRESENCE OF HIS LOVE by Rev. John F. Perling
The passengers on the bus watched sympathetically as the attractive young woman with the white cane made her way carefully up the steps. She paid the driver and, using her hands to feel the location of the seats, walked down the aisle and found the seat he'd told her was empty. Then she settled in, placed her briefcase on her lap and rested her cane against her leg.
It had been a year since Susan, thirty-four, became blind. Due to a medical misdiagnosis she had been rendered sightless, and she was suddenly thrown into a world of darkness, anger, frustration and self-pity. Once a fiercely independent woman, Susan now felt condemned by this terrible twist of fate to become a powerless, helpless burden on everyone around her.
"How could this have happened to me?" she would plead, her heart knotted with anger. But no matter how much she cried or ranted or prayed, she knew the painful truth her sight was never going to return. A cloud of depression hung over Susan's once optimistic spirit. Just getting through each day was an exercise in frustration and exhaustion. And all she had to cling to was her husband Mark.
Mark was an Air Force officer and he loved Susan with all of his heart. When she first lost her sight, he watched her sink into despair and was determined to help his wife gain the strength and confidence she needed to become independent again. Mark's military background had trained him well to deal with sensitive situations, and yet he knew this was the most difficult battle he would ever face.
Finally, Susan felt ready to return to her job, but how would she get there? She used to take the bus, but was now too frightened to get around the city by herself. Mark volunteered to drive her to work each day, even though they worked at opposite ends of the city. At first, this comforted Susan and fulfilled Mark's need to protect his sightless wife who was so insecure about performing the slightest task.
Soon, however, Mark realized that this arrangement wasn't working - it was hectic, and costly. Susan is going to have to start taking the bus again, he admitted to himself. But just the thought of mentioning it to her made him cringe. She was still so fragile, so angry. How would she react?
Just as Mark predicted, Susan was horrified at the idea of taking the bus again. "I'm blind!" she responded bitterly. "How am I supposed to know where I'm going? I feel like you're abandoning me."
Mark's heart broke to hear these words, but he knew what had to be done. He promised Susan that each morning and evening he would ride the bus with her, for as long as it took, until she got the hang of it. And that is exactly what happened.
For two solid weeks, Mark, military uniform and all, accompanied Susan to and from work each day. He taught her how to rely on her other senses, specifically her hearing, to determine where she was and how to adapt to her new environment. He helped her befriend the bus drivers who could watch out for her, and save her a seat. He made her laugh, even on those not-so-good days when she would trip exiting the bus, or drop her briefcase.
Each morning they made the journey together, and Mark would take a cab back to his office. Although this routine was even more costly and exhausting than the previous one, Mark knew it was only a matter of time before Susan would be able to ride the bus on her own. He believed in her, in the Susan he used to know before she'd lost her sight, who wasn't afraid of any challenge and who would never, ever quit.
Finally, Susan decided that she was ready to try the trip on her own. Monday morning arrived, and before she left, she threw her arms around Mark, her temporary bus riding companion, her husband, and her best friend. Her eyes filled with tears of gratitude for his loyalty, his patience, his love. She said good-bye, and for the first time, they went their separate ways. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday... Each day on her own went perfectly, and Susan had never felt better. She was doing it! She was going to work all by herself!
On Friday morning, Susan took the bus to work as usual. As she was paying for her fare to exit the bus, the driver said, "Boy, I sure envy you." Susan wasn't sure if the driver was speaking to her or not. After all, who on earth would ever envy a blind woman who had struggled just to find the courage to live for the past year? Curious, she asked the driver, "Why do you say that you envy me?"
The driver responded, "It must feel so good to be taken care of and protected like you are." Susan had no idea what the driver was talking about, and asked again, "What do you mean?"
The driver answered, "You know, every morning for the past week, a fine looking gentleman in a military uniform has been standing across the corner watching you when you get off the bus. He makes sure you cross the street safely and he watches you until you enter your office building. Then he blows you a kiss, gives you a little salute and walks away. You are one blessed lady."
Tears of happiness poured down Susan's cheeks. For although she couldn't physically see him, she had always felt Mark's presence. She was blessed, so blessed, for he had given her a gift more powerful than sight, a gift she didn't need to see to believe - the gift of love that can bring light where there had been darkness.
God watches over us in just the same way. We may not know He is present. We may not be able to see His face, but He is there nonetheless! Be blessed in this thought: "God Loves You - even when you are not looking."

Kind To The Bone by Martin Wiles
Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. (NLT)
Six hundred miles was a long way to move a middle-school student.
The year was 1970, and I was ten years old. Dad, a freshly ordained Southern Methodist minister, decided that he'd move our family from Orangeburg, South Carolina, USA, to Jackson, Tennessee. I suppose that the move itself wouldn't have been so bad had it not taken me so far away from the grandparents who had spoiled me. They lived in Orangeburg, and my other grandparents lived thirty minutes from there.
Fortunately, my grandparents in Orangeburg made the situation easier. I was invited to spend every summer with them. Better yet, my grandfather drove an ice cream delivery truck and cleared it with his boss so that I could work with him. What better job could a pre-teen have? I ate all the free ice cream that I wanted, rambled around in the refrigerated part to retrieve ice cream for customers, received free lunches, and was paid $20 each week.
For three summers — the entire time my dad pastored in Jackson — I left for Orangeburg as soon as school was out. In two of those years, my grandmother boarded a Trailways bus and came for me. In the last summer, my parents allowed me to hop a Delta Airlines plane and make the trip myself. I suppose that they thought a 12-year-old was mature enough to handle the flight alone.
In the midst of all the selfish advantages that I received from working with my grandfather, I couldn't help but notice his kindness. Store owners who were rude to him were greeted with kindness: never a harsh word, never an angry look, never a "You can find somebody else to deliver your ice cream."
Then there were the kids who couldn't afford to buy ice cream but who mauled his truck at some of the mom-and-pop stores. "Hey mister, you got any free ice cream?" they'd ask. Most of the time he did: a broken carton or one that was smashed during the loading process, pieces a store owner wouldn't pay for, and pieces my granddaddy wouldn't stock because it would make the company look bad. Those little eyes bulged with anticipation as he opened one freezer door after another until he found some freebies. My granddaddy lived out what Paul instructed believers to have: kindness.
Whether it's returned or not, let us just show kindness.
Prayer: Father, as You are kind to us, so motivate us to show kindness to others. Amen.

God's Handiwork Is Everywhere by Rosemary Hagedorn
Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. (NASB)
Have you ever examined the seed head of a dandelion before you puckered your lips together, blew, and watched its seeds scatter and rise into the air to fly away?
Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Or have you ever examined a snowflake that landed on your window sill? How intricate and perfect its design is, and yet each one is distinct from the others.
Have you ever looked at a sunset and felt content and at peace? Or have you ever listened to the waves as they caressed the shore in the moonlight? It's almost like a crescendo of voices praising their Creator.
Have you ever gone outside into your backyard at night, looked up and beheld the trillions upon trillions of stars that light up the night sky? Or have you ever been fortunate enough to see the northern lights? Living and moving brush strokes of red, green, blue, and violet colours dance across the night sky. No one really understands how these auroras are produced. They are just another work of God, sharing His handiwork with His children.
Psalm 19:1 – The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. (NASB)
God's handiwork and His footprints are all around us. But His goodness, love, and mercy are best seen in the revelation contained in His Word, the Bible. There we see the intricate preparations laid for the greatest revelation of His love in His Son. Jesus said: John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. (NASB)
The best part is that through thick and thin, we can count on God's love revealed and declared in Jesus always being with all of us who are His beloved brothers and sisters:
Hebrews 13:5b – He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you." (NASB)
Prayer: Father, everywhere we go, we see Your handiwork: in the sunrise, in the sunset, and the art work on the seashore created by the rolling waves. We see Your handiwork in the tiny snowflakes and the ice formations on a window pane. Thank You for showing us in Your Word that You are with us always. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Stir yourself up and renew your faith. Yes, there have been disappointments and setbacks, but those things can serve to strengthen your spiritual resolve. It depends on whether you choose to be a victim or to rise up to be an overcomer. You can allow your past difficulties to anchor you where you are. Or, you can allow them to fuel the next phase of your destiny, says the Lord. Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Look to the horizon. You cannot progress until you know where you are going. Identify your destination and keep it in mind as you continue your journey. Looking back will only serve to take you off course. Set yourself to stay focused, and do not forget your ultimate goal and spiritual purpose, says the Lord. Psalms 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

What's done is done! There is nothing you can change about what you have endured. It is now time for you to rise up out of the dead ashes of the past and begin to move forward on the path that I have chosen for you, says the Lord. What you have learned will serve you well. Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Approach uncertainty with faith that I am with you directing your steps. Nothing is uncertain to Me or in My kingdom. I know the beginning from the end, and you can trust Me to lead you in the way you should go. I am for you and not against you. Maintain peace in all things, says the Lord. Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.

Allow Me to transform you, says the Lord. What you do matters far less than who you are in Me. I am looking over the face of the whole earth to find those whose hearts are in sync with Mine. I want you to walk and live in the Spirit with no distance between us. Come and be unified; become one with Me. John 17:20-21 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."

The circumstances you have endured have left you feeling traumatized, but I tell you honestly that I am greater than your trauma. I have brought you through every difficulty and strengthened you in the process. Now, you must look forward and begin by taking one step at a time, one day at a time, that will lead to your destiny, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Watch for My light to break forth into your life. And, if you receive My light, then your light will begin to shine in a fresh, new way. The glory of the light that shines within you will awaken your spirit, and you will begin to overcome those things that have been established and set against you. If you allow My Spirit to lead you, you will overcome the deeds of the flesh and the challenges of this life. It is My purpose for you to excel in the power of My Kingdom. Let this day be a day of new beginnings for you.

I would have you, My people, to understand that resurrection power is available to you--the power of the kingdom to bear. The power of the authority of Christ has been given to you. Use that authority; use that power. Fight the good fight of faith. Overcome all the works of the enemy that are against you. Live in freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of your joy in the kingdom. All you have to do is walk in the way that has been prepared. Walk in truth. Walk in the glory of a great salvation. Walk in My presence day to day remembering the price has been paid. Do not forget the benefits that you have been given, says the Lord.

In Touch by Virginia Santoro
Because I am in touch with God,
I am in touch, this way, with you.
A clear channel of communication...
open hearts, perfectly in tune.
Our link remains unbroken,
the wavelength is so strong...
transmitting and receiving,
impressions spirited along.
Never far from each other,
at least not in heart and mind...
The Lord is keeping us connected ~
in touch for endless time.

His Goodness by Jo Ann Kelly
When I look all around,
at the splendor of God's creation,
I think of His great love;
with reverence and appreciation.
The beauty of the mountains
are a wonder to behold.
The glory of God can be seen
as we walk through this world, below.
His goodness fills the earth
and all the heavens, far above.
His mercy and grace tells us
of His great and boundless love.
There is no one like our God
who reigns on high, with all power.
He, who hung the moon and stars,
is with us every hour.
His mercy has been given us.
His grace will see us through.
We serve a Mighty God of love,
who is always faithful and true.
His wondrous beauty fills
the earth, the seas, and sky.
One day, we shall behold our Lord,
in all His glory; by and by.

Psalm 55:16-17 – I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.

Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:29

God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work. - 2 Corinthians 9:8

Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. - Ecclesiastes 4:9

Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:4-5

No Shortcut Savior by Johnny Hunt, from The Gift of Jesus
The devil said to [Jesus], “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.” And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’” — Luke 4:6-8
Jesus was no shortcut Savior. In this passage, the devil hurled a temptation at Jesus, and the devil’s goal was to try and convince Christ to bypass the Cross, but Jesus’ mission was ultimately the will of the Father for His Son.
Whenever we experience temptation, Satan has the same goal in mind: to keep us from doing the will of the Father.
However, our enemy’s weaponry has not changed throughout the ages: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. Satan used all three temptations on Jesus, yet He didn’t take the enemy’s bait. And Jesus gives us His power to resist temptation just as He did.
Remember, most temptations are a shortcut that Satan wants you to take. We can find strength, though, in the Word and in the indwelling Christ. As we abide in Christ and stay grounded in the truth of the Word, we will not be interested in shortcuts. After all, we are on a journey with Jesus! Also, because He didn’t take a shortcut in order to avoid the cross, we have a living Savior who is always with us, even in the very moment of temptation. Because Jesus was victorious, we too can be victorious.
Lord, I thank You for my victory over temptation through the power You provide me. Your indwelling presence and Your Word keep me victorious. You are so good. I praise You, and I thank You for sharing with me Your victory over sin and death. Amen.
Your Turn: Are you tempted to take a shortcut? Today, you have the strength through Jesus Christ to say no to temptation, no to yourself, no to things that are not in God’s best plan for your life and for those around you who are affected by what you choose. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with His power and help!

Give us generous hearts, minds, and spirits, O God, so that what we give may help others to know your love. Guide our hearts so that our love for others reflects your love. Thank you for people who show us how to be your loving followers. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 61
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. 4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah. 5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name. 6 Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations. 7 He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him. 8 So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

Lord of life, show us your mercy and help us to see how deeply you love us. Lead us into a closer relationship with you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply