Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default New territory comes change!

New territory comes change! by Lakisha J

We recently moved and our son has to start a new school. When I took him to register this morning, he found out some things he was used too, at his old school, are now different at his new school. Most importantly, the dress code and cell phone policy. It’s a big change from what he’s used too but it came with the new territory. And even though it doesn’t feel good to him, I’m ecstatic because it means we’ve officially moved into the newness of what God has for us. See, I look at all things from a new perspective. Changing schools for him means changing neighborhoods for us. Changing neighborhoods means God’s promise manifested. Please understand, there was nothing wrong with the old, it just didn’t belong to us. Yet with the new, it’s our name on the deed. So I am rejoicing for all that God has in store for us because I’ve found that when God changes things, it means He’s working something out on our behalf. Does it all feel good? No because you might lose some folk, some things and you may even have to part ways with some old stuff you’re comfortable with but it is part of the new territory. Is it worth it? Anything God says I’m worthy of, is always worth it.

Why am I sharing this? Because somebody’s life is changing and you can’t explain it. The dynamics of your comfortable place has shifted and it’s thrown you off. Yeah, you’re still smiling but it feels like you’re about to lose your mind. You’re still working but behind closed doors, you want to beat the walls in. You’re still showing up but inwardly, you’re dying. Change is happening and you can’t stop it. It comes with the new territory. You don’t have to believe me but think about what you have asked God for lately. If you asked Him to move you, some things have to change. If you asked Him to bless you, some things have to change. If you asked to be delivered, some things have to change. If you asked for new territory, some things have to change. You can’t move to Arizona with the same mindset you had in Miami, things have to change. You lost your house, it didn’t fit the change. Friends left, they don’t fit the change. Job laid you off? It didn’t fit the change. Church not feeling right? It may not fit the change. Beloved, change comes with new territory. Stop fighting it. New territory comes change. With change comes new mindset. With new mindset comes new blessings.

“Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:19

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply