Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Morning Gratitude and Throughout the Day

Morning Gratitude Blessing
(To be said to yourself with enthusiasm in the mirror–gazing into your own eyes.)
Good day Bright & Beautiful Spirit!
I AM Grateful for a new day!
I AM Grateful that my life gets better and better every day in every way!

I Am Grateful that I Am well taken care of every day in every way!

I Am Grateful that everything works out perfectly in my world!
I Am Grateful that all things work together for my good, regardless of what it looks like!
I Am richly BLESSED!!!
Everything I set my hands to do is a success!
My mind is blessed!
My heart is blessed!
My spirit is blessed!
My soul is blessed!
My body is blessed!
My home is blessed!
My children are blessed!
My mate is blessed!
My work is blessed!
My relationships are blessed!
Everything I set my hands to do is a success!
I Am richly blessed!
I Am Grateful Bright & Beautiful Spirit!
Amen
http://liveyourdestinytoday.com/2009...tude-blessing/
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
jmurray1949

I am blessed to be in a recovery community knowing that I don't have to do it alone!. Thank you for this site! Along with my meetings, this forum has helped me become a little saner and enjoy the peace and serenity that the program promises!

Thank you!!
jmurray1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmurray1949 For Sharing:
Old 09-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site and thank you for signing in and sharing J Murray. Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Do not suffer in aloneness. there is no such thing.

- Gary Zukav -

Quote:
It is so important to stay in today. Sometimes it is in the moment.

I woke up with a head ache, it disappeared. My feet weren't swollen like they have been for months, then I had two gentlemen friends arrive, one invited, the other the man in my life who dropped by unexpectedly, and then my son showed. I had a friend from his girlfriend early, and all of a sudden the feet are swelling, the body is in pain, and all from stress. The thing I came to realize was, it wasn't my stress and not mine to take on.

It is so important for me to be in the moment, look at where I am at, take ownership for my part, and let go of the rest. A lot easier said than done, especially when it concerns those you love.

I received an e-mail earlier today which was about how we use the "blame game" to justify our behaviour, thoughts, etc., but anything from outside of ourselves is but a reflection of our own inner truth.
From my site The Five A's posted in 2003

So grateful for the new awareness, clarity, understanding, and experiences in my life that helped me grow and heal.

Quote:
I am worthy of being happy, of having people love me the way I want to be loved, and of making my own choices about what happens to me.
It's my life. Today I take it back.

You are reading from the book:
Time to Break Free by Judith R. Smith

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 03-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
HTELLONE

Icon18 relationships acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestyJo View Post

Do not suffer in aloneness. there is no such thing.

- Gary Zukav -

From my site The Five A's posted in 2003

So grateful for the new awareness, clarity, understanding, and experiences in my life that helped me grow and heal.
sometimes have hard time feeling good enough with others not pretty enough nice enough so work on the outside when I should work on inside to feel good on inside What fear of defect driving me I need to look reflect pray sometimes just stay still and feel then let go. I always need meetings others to listen to and God Higher power in the rooms and online. So glad we have each other to love each other and respond to . Love Heather Have a good day
HTELLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTELLONE For Sharing:
Old 08-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't know if it is because I have celebrated two Thanksgivings and Christmas is on the way, but have had a lot of gratitude.

It seems like I am noticing more and more, the little things in my life and more importantly, remembering to say Thank You.

Each day, I am thankful for being clean and sober. I remember all the years that I struggled and vowed never to do it again, but I did.

How many times, I prayed, "God get me out of this and I will ...."

How many times have I thought, "I don't need help, I can do it on my own."

How many times have I said, "This time it will be different, I will eat, I won't mix my drinks, I will get up and dance instead of sitting and just drinking, etc."

Thank you for being a part of my sobriety. Thank you for those who still struggle for carry the message to me that it isn't any better out there. Thank you to those who make it back in, it affirms that the program is the only way and you give me hope.
Posted in December 2011

They told me in the rooms of recovery when I came in many years ago that AA was the last house on the block. We try so many things, and finally when our score card read zero, we finally went to AA. I could stop, but I couldn't stay stopped. I am so grateful for AA that has allowed me to stop, one day at a time, for 23 years and 7 days.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Gratitude

"I'm very grateful to have come to believe."

IP No. 21, "The Loner"

Belief in a Higher Power can make all the difference when the going gets tough! When things don't go our way in recovery, our sponsor may direct us to make a "gratitude list." When we do, we should include our faith in a Power greater than ourselves on the list. One of the greatest gifts we receive from the Twelve Steps is our belief in a God of our own understanding.

The Twelve Steps gently lead us toward a spiritual awakening. Just as our addiction progressed, so does our spiritual life develop in the course of working the program of Narcotics Anonymous. The steps are our path to a relationship with a God of our understanding. This Higher Power gives us strength when our road gets rough.

Are we grateful for our deepening relationship with a Higher Power? Do we remember to thank God for each day clean, no matter what has happened that day? Do we remember that, no matter how deep our despair or how great our joy, the God of our understanding is with us?

Our recovery is a gift, a gift that we sometimes take for granted. Each day we stay clean, we can rejoice in our Higher Power's care.

Just for today: I am grateful for my relationship with a Higher Power that cares for me.

pg. 10
Back to: Just For
A grateful addict will never have a reason to pick up. Lots of excuses, but no reason. I am so grateful that I was given a second chance at life. I had been trying my way for eight years and when I entered the doors of recovery, I found the solution. It was up to me to put it into action.

I am so grateful for the young girl who introduced me to NA literature when in treatment in November 1991. She is no longer with us. She will always be my special angel because she carried the message to me.

I am grateful that I found a Higher Power. I choose to call Him "My God" as He is personal to me. Before God was this distant Being and through the fellowship of the spirit, I was able to bring Him closer and build a relationship with Him.

God was an old tape. He was who other people told me He was. I had to find out who He was to me. I am grateful that He reveals Himself to me each day. As I shared with my son yesterday, God is a He when I need Good Orderly Direction. God is a She when I need tender loving care (Divine Orderly Good), and an It when I need to go within and find my answer. I went on a spiritual journey at a year sober. I am grateful that everywhere I went, God was there. I try to show my gratitude for thanking Him for being a part of my journey. I am grateful that He is always there. It is up to me to acknowledge Him.

I am grateful that you are all a part of my life!

I am grateful to be clean and sober in today.
Posted in 2011.

Still grateful in 2014

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
sunlight

I am so very grateful for a spiritual reading called soft straws in the wind by Marsha Burns.

Thank you God!!!
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunlight For Sharing:
Old 12-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing.

http://ft111.com/smallstraws.htm

Love the eagle. The eagle means spirit.

http://ft111.com/eagles.htm

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #10
Eeemblem@aol.com

Humility and gratitude run hand in hand. The promises come true as we lower our ego and thank God for our friends family and fellowship.
Eeemblem@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eeemblem@aol.com For Sharing:
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Many people don't get their family back. It took me a long time to find the acceptance of their attitude toward the 'alcoholic' and the condescension that I received. The fellowship(s) loved me and put me back together.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #12
bthielen6696@msn.com

Thank you for this site
Craig
bthielen6696@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bthielen6696@msn.com For Sharing:
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #13
iamproud8888
iamsober090213

Default thank you

Morning Gratitude is alwsys the best wsy to begin a dsy. Thank you so bery much!! I am a newbee with you and will love to continue to be.
iamproud8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamproud8888 For Sharing:
Old 02-04-2014, 05:02 AM   #14
iamproud8888
iamsober090213

thank you for this daily mirror meditation. I truly needed this to begin my day with. I will definately remember it everyday when I awake. Somedays are good, somedays are bad but with this, I feel it will make a difference in starting out. Very nice. Thank you.
iamproud8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamproud8888 For Sharing:
Old 02-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #15
eric

Send a message via AIM to eric

Thank you for allowing me to use this sight. 1 day at a time and I get a little closer to my God.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eric For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply