Old 06-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #98
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thought for the Day
Friday, JUNE 9

From the book: Food for Thought

Greedy Thinking, Greedy Eating

Contentment comes from being satisfied with what we have. Since "bread" is a symbol for material things, it is easy to use food as a substitute for the money and possessions we may avidly desire. Overeating can be a form of compensation for the enticing worldly wealth, which seems so attractive, yet is out of our grasp.

When we desire abstinence more than we desire material things, we are able to maintain it. When we allow material cares and concerns to obscure our spiritual goals, then our abstinence is in danger! Each of us is confronted with the choice of striving to satisfy physical cravings or working toward spiritual ideals. We cannot serve two masters.

We may have thought that we could get rid of our greed for food and continue to indulge our greed for other material things. Our Higher Power does not work that way. He demands nothing less than complete allegiance.

May I serve You without reservations.
Like the last line. Doing service is a big part of recovery. Getting out of Self and helping others.

The title affirms my thoughts about addiction. If I don't feed my body, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, as well as physically, I get needy. When I get needy, I get greedy. Some is good, more is better. Wrong!!!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote