Old 01-04-2018, 06:44 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

January 4

Recovered
He accepted the plan outlined in this book. One year later he called to see me,
and I experienced a very strange sensation. I knew the man by name, and partly
recognized his features, but there all resemblance ended. From a trembling, despairing,
nervous wreck, had emerged a man brimming over with self-reliance and contentment.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xxxi

Thought to Ponder
It's not what I know in recovery that keeps me sober. It's what I Do that keeps me sober.

AA-related 'Alconym'
B E S T = Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Coping
God willing, we members of AA may never again
have to deal with drinking,
but we have to deal with sobriety every day.
How do we do it?
By learning -- through practicing the Twelve Steps
and through sharing at meetings -- how to cope with
the problems that we looked to booze to solve,
back in our drinking days. . .
We learn how to level out the emotional swings
that got us into trouble
both when we were up and when we were down.
c. 1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 160
c. 2001AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 558-9

Thought to Consider . . .
The peaks and valleys of my life
have become gentle rolling hills.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
C A R D S =
Call your sponsor,
Ask for help from your Higher Power,
Read the Big Book,
Do the Twelve Steps,
Stay active in your group.

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Duty
>From "Reason or Conscience":
"When, in all humility, I try to pass our message on to other less fortunate alcoholics, I know that the plan of the Higher Power comes to us through the medium of people. To us alcoholics, this does not mean common or garden people, but special people, such as other alcoholics. And I am guided to include among the people from whom I might receive guidance, and to whom I must demonstrate the life of my conscience or Higher Power, those who married me, loved me, befriended me, and stuck by me, as others stuck by other alcoholics. Bulawayo, Rhodesia [now Zimbabwe]"
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 82

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"As I trudge the Road of Happy Destiny, AA holds my left hand, God holds my right, and I have no hands left to pick up a drink."
Albuquerque, N.M., January 2002
"Can She Bake a Cherry Pie?"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"God will constantly disclose more to you and to us. Ask Him in your
morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still
sick. The answers will come, if your own house is in order. But
obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got. See to it
that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come
to pass for you and countless others. This is the Great Fact for us."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, A Vision For You, pg. 164~

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
Alcoholics Anonymous page 417

Even when we have tried hard and failed, we may chalk that up as one of the greatest credits of all.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p.93

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

'We must never be blinded by the futile philosophy that we are just the hapless victims of our inheritance, of our life experience, and of our surroundings - that these are the sole forces that make our decisions for us. This is not the road to freedom. We have to believe that we can really choose.
'As active alcoholics, we lost our ability to choose whether we would drink. We were the victims of a compulsion which seemed to decree that we must go on with our own destruction.
'Yet we finally did make choices that brought about our recovery. We came to believe that alone we were powerless over alcohol. This was surely a choice, and a most difficult one. We came to believe that a Higher Power could restore us to sanity when we became willing to practice A.A.'s Twelve Steps.
In short, we chose to become willing, and no better choice did we ever make.

Prayer for the Day: God of Promise, you have fulfilled the prophets' words and taught us to long for your coming again: stir in us a desire to build your kingdom in our time; God of Hope, you sent your son, Jesus Christ, into a world of fear to bring glad tidings of your love: turn our hearts from fear to hope and inspire us to share the Good News; God of Light, creation sang Christ's glory at his birth: kindle in us the light of your love, that we might be bearers of your truth and life in our land; In a world of chaos, may we find time and silence to hear your still, small voice. Bless us with your presence. Come, Lord Jesus, quickly come. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote