View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

1.) Mental Obsession
  • How am I affected by Dr. Silkworth’s definition of alcoholism as a medical problem? [Disease: (L- To lack ease.) Involuntary disability. See 64: 3]
  • Did I drink essentially because [I] like the effect produced by alcohol? (xxviii: 4)
  • Have I been restless, irritable, and discontented (xxviii: 4)
  • Have I sought the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks? (xxix: 0)
  • Describe in detail how I succumbed to the desire again? (xxix: 0)
  • In what ways did I reach the point where I could not differentiate the true from the false? (xxviii: 4)
  • When did I first experience an abnormal mental obsession with alcohol? Describe.

2.) Physical Compulsion
  • How did I develop the physical…phenomenon of craving [allergy]? (xxvii: 7 -xxviii: 0,1; xxix: 0; xxix: 4; xxx: 1, 5)
  • How do I describe my pathological physical reaction to alcohol?
  • In what ways has my alcoholic body become as sick as my alcoholic mind? (xxvi: 3)
  • What is my understanding of the concept of alcoholism as the manifestation of an allergy? (xxviii: 1) [Allergy: An abnormal reaction.]
  • How do I feel about the idea of hospitalization? (xxviii: 0)
  • When did I first experience a physical compulsion or craving for alcohol? Describe.

3.) Drinking to Excess:
  • In what ways did I pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again? (xxix: 0)
  • In what ways did I repeat this over and over? (xxix: 0)
  • What are my reflections on the ideas that alcoholism has never been…permanently eradicated; and that the only relief…is entire abstinence? (xxx: 5)
  • When did I first experience the loss of control of my drinking? Describe.

4.) Psychic Change
  • What is my understanding of a psychic change? (xxix: 1, 3)
  • What is meant by being required to follow a few simple rules? (xxix: 1)
  • Am I aware that, if I have been abstinent from alcohol a while, Step 1 is about my powerlessness over some other behavior that reflects the unmanageability of my life?
  • Am I aware that I need to find a way to stop that behavior so that my surrender is not blocked by continued acting out?
  • What is of significance to me in this chapter? What do I not agree with?

p. 17
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote