View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Enough Is a Feast

The frantic search for more and more has characterized many of our lives. We believed that if only we had more money, more clothes, more sex, more food, and more things - we would be happy and satisfied.

The more we consume, the more miserable we become. No amount of material things will satisfy our emotional and spiritual hunger. We learn to know our Higher Power, and we learn that He satisfies our need, not our greed. He feeds our hearts and our spirits with the abundance of His love, and when we are strengthened spiritually, physical control is possible.

Our measured food plan fills our bodily needs. The measured amount is enough. We accept it and become comfortable with it. More than that, we learn the truth of the ancient Zen saying that "Enough is a feast."

May I be content with enough instead of grasping for more.
This is why I can my drug of choice is more. It doesn't matter what the substance is, be it chocolate, potatoes and gravy, alcohol, prescription pills, busy/workaholic, etc. There is just no concept of just one. As my son said to me one time, "Who ever saves a case of beer until the next day. I you have it, you drink it."

It is a thinking dis-ease, and I have to take it to the God of my understanding. I have to eat, I need to choose healthy, and I need to deal with the feelings that tell me I need more.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: