View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 13

Giver of light, your steadfast love endures forever. Open our hearts to the Blessed One who comes so humbly, on a borrowed colt. Open before us the gates of your justice, that we may enter, confessing in heaven and on earth that Jesus is Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

For a Blessing on the Families of the Land

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father God, I arise to new life this day. I shake off the entanglements, hurts, bruises and sins of the past. It’s a new day! Thank You for doing a new thing in my life, Father. Forgetting the former things, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I have the Life of God in me! Amen.

Dear Lord, as I reflect on this Easter season, let it be the dawn of a new life for me. Let me realize that because You were victorious over sin, disease and death, I too can manifest victory in my life. These no longer give me reasons to fear. ... Give me the faith that comes from reading the Word, and let me seek and receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit, who will lead me into all truth and give me power, comfort and inner peace. Let me find new ways to serve You, to thank You, to praise You. Because You lived and died for me, I can face tomorrow. Because You live in me, today can be worthwhile.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, I bless thee for thy love and ministry. May I enter into a broader conception of sharing thy gifts. May I not seek thy blessings to keep, but to use for renewed inspiration. Amen.

God our Father, may all that we see and experience lead us to grow in wonder and respect, that we may value and be thankful for everything in our lives each day. Inspire us to choose wisely and live positively, and make good use of our knowledge and talents, both for ourselves and for the benefit of others. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that my name is written in the Book of Life. Lord, I pray for all who do not know You as the true and living God. Reveal Yourself to them so that they too, might have eternal life. Lord, deliver those who are in any form of deception that keeps them from knowing You. Father, I also ask that You keep me free from error. Deliver me from all pride and deception. Lord, reveal Yourself to all those who sincerely desire to know the true God. Lord, bless and keep my family and friends in the path of truth. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, O great and almighty One, whose Spirit fills heaven and earth! We thank you that you are our Father and that in you we have a refuge wherever we must go as we serve you on earth. We thank you that your life can be revealed in us and can flow through us so that the world may be blest by you, our loving and caring Father. Protect us and strengthen us in times of trouble and sorrow. When we travel on new paths, give us your Spirit to show us the way, that everything may lead to the good and to your honor. Father, through your Spirit unite us in the unshakable hope that your will shall at last be done on earth as in heaven. Grant that we may rejoice in the certainty that whatever happens, our paths are made level and firm by your love and your faithfulness. Amen.

Dear Father, as I go out into the world guide me so that I may be helpful and understanding. Help me represent your grace and love so that others may understand.

O my God, I know that you love me. And I know that you want me to be happy, safe and secure, But sometimes it's so hard to find you in all my troubles. I know that there are many people worse off than me, But please help me with my problems. I'm so worried, God. Please help me find the support I need. Please help me not to worry too much. Please help me to be humble enough to accept help from others. Please help me to stay away from the "what ifs" and the "if onlys." Please help me to remember to help others, even when I still need help. And please help me to trust in your loving kindness, your care and your grace. Because I know that you love me, and you know that I love you. And if all you want to give me right now is your love, Please let that be enough for me. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: