View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me each day of my life to remember to count my blessings and to concentrate on the positive, for it is not what life does to me, but rather my attitude that determines the amount of peace and joy that I experience. I know that all things work together for the good of those who love You and are called by You. Help me to cling to this and always to praise You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that it may be mine to have the recollection of happy deeds, and not the memory of unkept promises. Help me to remember that one act is worth a thousand intentions, and that memory is the storehouse that supplies old age. Make me careful of my memory, that it may not be burdened. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and grace that empowers me to overcome the fear and pride that comes against me. Lord, I do humble myself before You, asking You to be merciful to me and all of my family. We need Your love so that we can overcome evil with good. Lord, help us each, in our families and our offices, to become more like You. Give us patience and forbearance with one another. Let us be gentle and kind to all, and especially may we be so in our own homes. Help us guard our mouths so that we speak gracious things about one another. Help us to build one another up and never to tear down others with our mouths. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord in whose steps we desire to follow. Amen.

Earthly Relationships

1 Corinthians 7:36-40

Dear Father, head of our one enduring spiritual family,

We live in our bodies and in families and we have strong needs for these very human things.

Thank you for consenting to our involvement with these, as long as we possess them without grasping or coveting, and as long as we love you more than these.

Whatever freedoms we have, let us exercise them by abiding in the Lord. Grant us the grace to follow Paul's teaching, since he spoke as one having the Spirit of the Lord.

In the name of Jesus I lift this prayer to you. Amen.

“A Prayer For Reaching Our Heavenly Destination”

Father, we find life’s journey to be enjoyable and entertaining in the straight stretches of life where we travel most of the time. Other times we learn to navigate life’s twists and turns, and must exercise steady endurance as we drive through the cavernous potholes that usually appear without notice. Through it all we keep our eyes on the goal of our faith, straining toward what lies ahead, the prize for which You have called us heavenward in Christ Jesus. We can press on, even when circumstances are grim, because our strength comes from You. As the Apostle Paul wrote, When I am weak, then I am strong. In our weakness You become our strength. You are the light that breaks through our gloom and guides our every footstep. We will fight the good fight, we will finish the race, and we will keep the faith as we remain faithful in our walk with You. It is in Jesus’ name that we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we are gathered in your presence through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Reveal to us our Savior Jesus Christ. May the Savior be revealed to us; otherwise in our need we will never come through. Grant that at this late hour for the world we may see him as he is, and through him and through the kingdom that he brings we may be lifted above the troubles of our time. Strengthen our hearts every day, and fill us with joy because you guide everything on earth as in heaven; in the end you will give us the victory that belongs to the kingdom you have founded. May we be comforted through all eternity in this kingdom, a kingdom far greater and more glorious than all the kingdoms of the world. Amen.

Dear Lord, know with all thy heart that I love you and thank you for each day. Grant me mercy and forgive me when I am wrong.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: