View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Monday, August 12, 2013

You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning

When a woman has love, she is no longer at the mercy of forces greater than herself, for she, herself, becomes the powerful force.
—Veronica Casey

The need for love is universal. Each of us longs for the affirmation that assures us we are needed, appreciated, desired. We are strengthened by the strokes others give us, and when no strokes are forthcoming, we sometimes falter.

With emotional and spiritual maturity comes the understanding that we are loved, unconditionally, by God. And the awareness of that love, the realization of its abiding presence, will buoy us up when no other love signals to us. Most of us still lose our connection to the omnipresent God, however. Thus, our buoyancy is tentative.

Until that time when we are certain about our value, about the presence of God's love, we'll need to practice self-affirmation. But learning how to nurture ourselves, how to be gentle and caressing to the woman within, may be painstaking. Patience will ease the process. Unconditionally loving ourselves will become natural in time. In fact, we'll sense our inner person growing, changing. Our wholeness will become apparent to others as well as to ourselves.

Love breeds love. I will shower it upon others and myself and relish the growing sense of self that emerges.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote