View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning.

I have come to believe in the "Sacrament of the Moment," which presupposes trust in the ultimate goodness of my creator.

--Ruth Casey

The moment, realized, is like a bud blossoming. The day unfolds and with each minute we are moved along to the experiences right for us at this place and this time. Our resistance to certain experiences and particular people creates the barrier that blocks the good in store for us.

We can rest assured; our higher power is caring for us. Each breath we take is Spirit-filled, and the plan for our lives is an accumulation of necessary experiences that is helping us to grow and develop our special talents. What we often forget is that the difficult periods of our lives stretch us, enlighten us, ready us to be the women we desire within to be.

This moment is sacred. All moments are sacred. They will not come again. What is offered this moment for us to grow on will not be offered in exactly this way again. Our higher power knows our needs and is caring for them. We can trust the goodness of today.
This is how I live for the most part, in the moment. Life goes by quickly and it is hard to believe. Before recovery, I used to make the time go away. in recovery, there are not enough hours in a day. i used alcohol, pills, food, men, work, and just plain busy so I didn't have to be alone with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote