View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 12

GRATITUDE AND TRUST

“But there is One who has all power--that One is God. May you find Him now!” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 59

“If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” Romans 8:31

For what it’s worth: My pathetic alcoholic life proved God was against me. With that fear, alcohol had to crush me into scrap before I would look up to God. Even early in Alcoholics Anonymous, I was uncomfortable with statements like “May you find Him now”. I did not want to find God. I was afraid He would curse me as I had Him. Despite my cowardice, experience after experience in Alcoholics Anonymous screamed at me God was not condemning me, He was rescuing me from the hell of alcoholism; He was helping me stay sober; He was putting people in my life who understood me; He was granting me a place where I felt I belonged. I was no longer alone. Hope grew, peace prevailed, and joy entered my life. I no longer felt unloved. I had found a Higher Power with all power, and I was coming to understand that this new God of mine would always be for me, never against me. He certainly has proven it…repeatedly. I will be gratefuL and trust my Heavenly Father today.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote