View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 5

For Forgiveness

Oh Holy God, look down upon me, a miserable sinner, and forgive me for the terrible things that I do, against your love for us and against the love that you have commanded us to show for our brothers and sister. The people of the world are your holy and beautiful children, oh Lord, and I am one of them also. I pray that you will fill me so full of your might and love that I will not sin against myself or anybody else, this day, or ever; but if I do, I plead with you, give me that undeserved grace you showed by the life and sacrifice of your Son, my Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Meditation

[Everywhere I go, I'm gonna' let it shine!]

Thanks for the Gifts of This Life

O God, I thank You for this day of life
for eyes to see the sky
for ears to hear the birds
for feet to walk amidst the trees
for hands to pick the flowers from the earth
for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet
perfumes of nature
for a mind to think about and appreciate
the magic of everyday miracles
for a spirit to swell in joy at Your mighty presence
everywhere.
Amen.
~ Marian Wright Edelman

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father, if as Watchman Nee has written, "You have indeed chosen this world to be the arena for Your plan, the center of what You have set Yourself to do," then help me to trust You completely. ... Help me to remember that moral excellence, like a good painting, begins by drawing a guideline; and remind me that You have already drawn that line! You have set limits for mankind's conduct, and for mine. ... Help me to see that it is only when I try to live within Your parameters that I can enjoy my greatest fulfillment and worth. ... Help us as a nation, as a church, and as individuals to try to see things from Your point of view, lest by insisting on our own "guide-lines," we bring on our downfall. ... Help us to wake up before we are overwhelmed by our mistakes.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2003 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace: where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

A Channel for Your Word

Romans 15:14-21

Dear Father,

I pray that I may be full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to instruct others who want to know about your salvation.

Give me a share in the priestly service of your Good News to the world. May I as a believer make (and be!) an acceptable offering, sanctified by your Holy Spirit.

Help me to make it my ambition to speak of Jesus Christ everywhere to everyone. Let me love your word so much that I will either go or help others go to places where it has not yet been proclaimed.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Standing Firm In God’s Truth”

Father, I pray for a discerning spirit to help me recognize truth from falsehood. Help me to know when others are lying and help me also to recognize the lies I tell myself. You always speak the truth and You declare that which is right from that which is wrong. When the world describes a lifestyle or belief system to be good when You declare it to be evil, help me to stand firm upon Your holy truths as I faithfully read them in the Scriptures. Give me bold conviction to stand firm for truth even when it seems as though no one stands with me. The “truths” as purported by this world shift like the changing winds but Your Truth stands for all eternity! I stand firm as I tighten the belt of truth about me. And I protect my heart and mind with the shield of righteousness through Christ Jesus my Lord in whose name I pray. Amen.

Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32, RSV

Lord our God, we come to you as a little flock, asking you to accept us and keep us as your own, whom you will redeem in your time. Protect us always so that we remain strong in faith. Strengthen us in the faith that you are with us, helping us. Grant that your people may come to the light, to the honor of your name. So we entrust ourselves to your hands this night. Be with us, Lord our God, through your Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me understand that failure is not doing something wrong but not trying again.

Father as we come to you in prayer today, we give you praise once again for your word of comfort. So often we go through the day filled with anxiety and pain. We carry our burdens around with us, and they consume us. We are filled with fear and uncertainty, and are searching for answers that never come. Will you lead us today to a place of rest and comfort? Will you forgive us and teach us how to listen with our heart to your word of truth?

Dear Father, thank you for giving us such good advice in the Bible. Give us the grace to heed it. Lord, help me to do a good job at each task that is before me. I want the works of my hands to glorify You. Lord, I ask You to keep Your hand of protection on me and my family and my loved ones. I pray for all who read this devotional that You will also protect and guide them. Reveal Yourself to them in a deeper way. Touch and heal them and bless each of them this very day. Give us all the grace to overcome the things in our lives that are not pleasing to You. You are so good to us, Lord. I am very thankful for all You are doing in my life and the wonderful work You are doing in the lives of Your people all over the world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: