View Single Post
Old 05-11-2024, 06:09 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

AA Thought for the Day

When we first came into AA, a sober life seemed strange. We wondered what life could possibly be like without ever taking a drink. At first, a sober life seemed unnatural. But the longer we’re in AA, the more natural this way of life seems. And now we know that the life we're living in AA - the sobriety, the fellowship, the faith in God, and the trying to help each other - is the most natural way we could possibly live. Do I believe it's the way God wants me to live?
Meditation for the Day

I will learn to overcome myself, because every blow to selfishness is used to shape the real, eternal, unperishable me. As I overcome myself, I gain that power which God releases in my soul. And I will be victorious. It is not the difficulties of life that I have to conquer so much as my own selfishness.
Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may obey God and walk with Him and listen to Him. I pray that I may strive to overcome my own selfishness.

Today's reading is from the book Twenty-Four Hours a Day: A Spiritual Resource with Practical Applications for Daily Life*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: