View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 06:25 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 19

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 63-
Ch 5-How It Works:
We were now at Step Three. Many of us said to our Maker, as we understood Him: “God, I offer myself to Thee—to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I might better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love and Thy Way of Life. May I do Thy will always!” We thought well before taking this step making sure we were ready; that we could at last abandon ourselves utterly to Him.

-Tom- As mentioned before, sobriety is not free. In this prayer I am asking my God for things and saying the things I will do in conjunction “relieve me of the bondage of self that I may better do Thy will” I get the Gift of sobriety, then I must perform the work.
One of the greatest gifts in my life was as a result of doing a 3rd step with a buddy of mine, that I Love dearly. The time we shared; hands joined, knees bent, in the presence of our Creator, on Sacred Ground, praying the 3rd step prayer together, I will always cherish.
You see, My Friend could not or would not see our way of Life, so he took his own.
As for me, I am eternally Grateful for the precise clear cut directions of the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous that enable me to truly Live Life as a Free Man.
I can ask myself “did I say my 3rd step prayer today?”
If your answer is yes, then Continue on with the rest of your step work and enjoy a day of Freedom from the bondage of self and helping others.
If your answer is no, then take out your BB and pray the 3rd step prayer, then Continue.
I pray that today my Creator keeps me close to Him so that He May be able to match Calamity with Serenity, that occurs in my Life
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote