View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 06:40 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

Practice of the Day
BB pg 45-
Ch4 We Agnostics:
Lack of power, that was our dilemma. We had to find a power by which we could live, and it had to be a Power greater than ourselves. Obviously. But where and how were we to find this Power?
Well, that's exactly what this book is about. Its main object is to enable you to find a Power greater than yourself which will solve your problem.........

-Tom- First of all, am I convinced that I cannot help myself, on my own power?
For me that was an easy answer: I could not stop drinking, on my own power. Also I could not stop hurting people that loved me and that I loved, on my own power. I tried really, really hard and it never worked.
Lack of Power was definitely my dilemma and I had to find a Power I could Live with that would enable me to stay sober and not hurt people that loved me.
But where and how would I find this Power that evaded me my entire life?
“Well that’s exactly what this book is about. It’s MAIN OBJECT is to enable you to find a Power greater than yourself which will solve your problem.”
I pray that today I remember that the only problem I have is doing the work that keeps me connected to my Higher Power.
I do the Work and He solves my problem.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote