View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 05:54 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

Discouragement Prayer

Lord,
I come to You today, feeling discouraged and worn out emotionally.
I ask for You to renew me inwardly. I know that what I’m going through is temporary.
Please help me to focus on the things that are positive and uplifting, rather than these things that are wearing me down because they are transient.
Please restore, confirm, strengthen and reestablish me.
Amen

~ John Driscoll

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we were drinking most of us were full of pride and selfishness.

We believed we could handle our own affairs, even though we were making a mess of our lives. We were very stubborn and didn't like to take advice. We resented being told what to do. To us, humility looked like weakness. But when we came into A.A., we began to be humble. And we found out that humility gave us the power we needed to overcome drinking.

So ............

Have I learned that there is power in humility?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Laughter

We are told that laughter is sunshine filling a room. And where there is laughter, there also is life. They say that people who laugh a lot live longer than the sour-faced. When we laugh together, gratitude comes more easily, companionship thrives, and all praise is sincere. Laughter brings us joy that cannot be bought. Such joy is with us throughout each day. To hoard joy, to hide it away deep within us away from others, will make us lonely misers. We cannot buy or trade for joy, but we can give or receive it as a gift.

Laughter's joy celebrates the moment we are living right now. It is a gift we must share, or it will wither and die. Shared, it grows and thrives, and always returns to us when we need it most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belonging

There is no more 'aloneness,' with that awful ache, so deep in the heart of every alcoholic that nothing, before, could ever reach it. That ache is gone and never need return again. Now there is a sense of belonging, of being wanted and needed and loved. In return for a bottle and a hangover, we have been given the Keys of the Kingdom.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 312 (3rd Edition)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: