View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 05:16 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

Prayer For Inner Strength

Lord,
I’m upset and disturbed, and I pray that You will grant me the grace of inner Peace.
Give me the patience I need to cope with the burdens and anxieties of my life.
Grant me the strength to better deal with my problems, and the understanding to be more tolerant and kind to others.
Teach me to seek after Your will.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as extensive work with other alcoholics.

Carry the message to other alcoholics. You can help when no one else can. You can secure their confidence when others fail. Life will take on new meaning for you. To watch people recover, to see them help others in turn, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow about you, to have a host of friends, is an experience you must not miss.

So ............

Am I always ready and willing to help other alcoholics?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Listening

Part of my addiction was never listening to what people were saying. This was part arrogance, part denial, part fear, part control, part ego --- the bottom line was that I did not listen. I was bored and unhappy with my life because I was a prisoner of my own thoughts.

My spiritual awakening --- which I consider a process rather than an event, a process that is still going on in my life on a daily basis --- was in allowing some new information into my life that led to admittance and acceptance. The day that I was able to admit that I was an alcoholic was the day I took a step towards acceptance.

Today I receive immense help and comfort from other people, especially recovering alcoholics. Two people experiencing an honest conversation are part of God's promised love for His world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Healthy Respect

Fear may have originally pushed some of us toward looking into the possibility that we may have a drinking problem.
And over a short period, fear alone may help some of us stay away from a drink.
But a fearful state is not a very happy or relaxed one to maintain for very long.
So we try to develop a healthy respect for the power of alcohol, instead of a fear of it, just as people have a healthy respect for cyanide, iodine, or any other poison.

Living Sober Pages 13-14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others." ~ Danny Thomas
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: