View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 04:33 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

Every man has to learn the points of the compass again as often as he awakes, whether from sleep or any abstraction.

~Henry David Thoreau

The secret, for us, is to never let our recovery wander away from us. We keep a good compass by working the Steps. Working the Steps tells us what we need to be doing and where we need to go in our recovery. Our sponsor helps us with this and helps us stay on course.

We also need the energy behind us to keep us from getting stalled out. We keep this energy—this “tailwind”—by making our program a way of life. The more we put ourselves in its path, the more the recovery wind keeps us moving. We stay in the path of this wind by going to meetings at least once a week and by using recovery tools as a matter of habit every day.
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me remember that my spirituality has a lot to do with the way I use my life energy.
Today's Action

Are there days when I’d like to skip my reading, my prayer, my meetings, my conscious contact with my Higher Power? I will talk with my sponsor about a plan to get through this kind of day next time it comes up.

Today's reading is from the book God Grant Me, More Daily Meditations from the Authors of Keep It Simple
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote