View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 04:29 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Happy Moments Prayer

Lord,
Too often I remember the bad things and not the good.
Help me to see things as they are, full of happy moments not to be taken for granted.
As I get ready to reflect on the year gone by, let me know gratitude, and all the years will be good ones.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

After a time, usually alcoholics recover their proper relationship with other people.

They think less about themselves and more about others. They try to help other alcoholics. They make new friends so that they're no longer lonely. They try to live a life of service instead of selfishness. All their relationships with other people are improved. They solve their personality problems by recovering their personal integrity, their faith in a Higher Power, and their way of fellowship and service to others.

So ............

Is my drinking problem solved as long as my personality problem is solved?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Our Special Gift

Most of us feel pretty ordinary. We probably wish we were taller or shorter. Some of us are fat rather than thin. Few of us have perfect skin or teeth. Often we look at others, compare ourselves, and wish we were different. At these times, it's important to remember that each of us is special. We differ from others because we're created for different purposes.

Some of us will make a contribution to the world of sports, some to the art of music. Teaching or medicine will attract others and yet, no two of us will give to the world in the same way. Our unique mixture of looks, attitudes, and abilities will be special and very necessary to the people sharing our lifetime.

How can I give my special gift to the world today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God's Will

Acceptance is the key to my relationship with God today. I never just sit and do nothing while waiting for Him to tell me what to do. Rather, I do whatever is in front of me to be done, and I leave the results up to Him; however it turns out, that’s God’s will for me.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 452 (3rd Edition)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"We often don't realize how heavy the weight of worry is and how much energy it requires until we are able to let go of it." ~ Kevin Nelson
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: