Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - March (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8491)

bluidkiti 03-01-2016 08:29 AM

Bible Verses - March

March 1

Today’s Scripture: John 16:33 (NLT): I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Today’s Thought: What an amazing comfort. That we have peace in Jesus no matter what the trial or tribulation. He has overcome the world and nothing can take away that peace if we fully rely on God. Jesus life and death and resurrection conquered all that we would and will face. His words that He spoke we can read everyday and find peace in that. It says that He has overcome the world. What relief to know we don’t have to and that we don’t have to rely on ourselves for that peace that Jesus gives it to us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank you that we have such an amazing comfort through you and that you have overcome the world so that we don’t have to do it on our own. We pray that we will feel your peace in a new way today and that you will meet us where we are. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. - Psalm 105:1

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. —1 John 3:1

Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

1 John 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

bluidkiti 03-02-2016 07:39 AM

March 2

1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Job 23:10-11 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves

dwmoeller 03-02-2016 10:43 AM

There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother - Proverbs 18:24

Thought: God is a good friend who stays close, cares, and listens.

bluidkiti 03-03-2016 07:38 AM

March 3

Ephesians 4:26-27 26 “In your anger do not sin” Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. - John 6:37

Today’s Scripture: Joshua 1:9 (NLT):This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Today’s Thought: God is with you. Always. It doesn’t matter what you are going through. Trust and lean on Him, He will never let you down!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to fully rely on You. I know You will never leave or forsake me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Acts 20:24 I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me -- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6

Romans 5:5 (NIV) - And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

dwmoeller 03-03-2016 08:31 AM

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. - Proverbs 16:24

Thought: A hurting soul is hungry to hear a word of love today --speak up!

bluidkiti 03-04-2016 09:11 AM

March 4

Psalm 10:8 (NIV) Arise, Lord! Lift up Your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.

Thought: You might be the answer to someone's prayer. Reach out to others today.

I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? - Psalm 56:4

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

2 Corinthians 9:6-11
Generosity Encouraged

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written:

“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
their righteousness endures forever.”

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

dwmoeller 03-04-2016 10:51 AM

The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. - Romans 8:19

Thought: Expect great things in this day!

bluidkiti 03-05-2016 10:14 AM

March 5

Today’s Scripture: Isaiah 25:1 (NLT): [Praise for Judgment and Salvation] O LORD, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them.

Today’s Thought: Something happens within your spirit when you praise God. Praise regenerates your soul. It takes the focus off you & your situation and turns your attention to our Mighty God. Today, let’s praise Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me. Thank You for all Your wonderful blessings in my life. I ask that You would teach me how to continually praise You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. —Proverbs 3:5-6

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.

But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name! 1 Peter 4:16

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

bluidkiti 03-06-2016 09:49 AM

March 6

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." - Matthew 19:26

Today’s Scripture: Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT): Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Today’s Thought: Are you willing to have God search you completely; to test you and know your every thought? What would happen if you did; what would He find? Sometimes it can be scary or even embarrassing if God knew what we thought or the offensive behaviors we try to hide from Him, but He already knows everything. He knows how we think our anxious thoughts and our offensive ways. However, God will not lead us away from there or in an everlasting way towards holiness. Today, allow God to examine your heart and test you and know your thoughts and to find and get rid of any offensive behaviors in your life.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray today that You will examine my heart and thoughts to reveal anything in my life that I need to get rid of. Father, I pray that You will lead me to an everlasting holiness and purity. Test me and make me receptive to Your correction and guidance. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 25:1 Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

dwmoeller 03-07-2016 07:23 AM

[God] comforts us in all our troubles. - 2 Corinthians 1:4

Thought: Share God's comfort with a friend today.

bluidkiti 03-08-2016 09:37 AM

March 7

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. Matthew 5:8

Romans 1:12 - 12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.

dwmoeller 03-08-2016 09:40 AM

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. - Proverbs 16:3

Thought: The formula for success: Make God's will your will.

bluidkiti 03-08-2016 05:35 PM

March 8

Today’s Scripture: 1 Peter 3:15 (NLT): Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

Today’s Thought: People are lost & hurting everywhere we turn. They are looking for someone to fill that empty void in their heart. The answer is Jesus. We are His ambassadors. We must be ready to share the Good News – anytime. Anywhere. Are you prepared?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me be prepared to be a light for You in this lost & hurting world. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. —Psalm 3:8

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 - 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day there will be one LORD-his name alone will be worshiped. Zechariah 14:9

bluidkiti 03-09-2016 11:17 AM

March 9

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:4 (NLT): And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Today’s Thought: Have you ever just sat back & reflected on what God has promised you? His promises are yes & amen no matter how long ago it was. Do not be discouraged if some promises from 20, 40 or even 60 years ago have not happened yet. You can trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your divine word. I ask that You help me trust in You no matter what. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Proverbs 30:5

Romans 5:5 (NIV) - And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

dwmoeller 03-10-2016 09:39 AM

The joy of the Lord is your strength. - Nehemiah 8:10

Thought: Jesus. Others. You.

bluidkiti 03-10-2016 11:27 AM

March 10

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 14:13-14 (NLT): As soon as Jesus heard the news, he left in a boat to a remote area to be alone. But the crowds heard where he was headed and followed on foot from many towns. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Today’s Thought: Jesus, the Alpha & Omega, the King of kings, the Lord of lords had compassion on the people. Not only did He had compassion, but He healed them all and then fed them. Jesus cares about every area of our lives. How can we show compassion & love on people today, just has Jesus did?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to love people as You love them. Send the hurting to me today so I can lead them to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Proverbs 13:10 Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

Titus 3:3-7 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Romans 6:11 (NIV) - In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4

John 1:16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.

dwmoeller 03-11-2016 09:20 AM

For the word of God is living and active. - Hebrews 4:12

Thought: Need fixing? God's word repairs any damage.

bluidkiti 03-11-2016 09:53 AM

March 11

I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. - Psalm 130:5

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
—1 Corinthians 3:11

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

bluidkiti 03-12-2016 09:16 AM

March 12

Today’s Scripture: Colossians 3:12 (NLT): Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to become more like You each day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12

24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:24-25

Psalms 1:41 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.

Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Psalm 103:1

Romans 6:11 (NIV) - In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Malachi 4:2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.

bluidkiti 03-13-2016 09:50 AM

March 13

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. - Romans 8:28

Today’s Scripture: Numbers 18:29 (NLT): Be sure to give to the LORD the best portions of the gifts given to you.

Today’s Thought: Jesus gave His all for us. As we gather together for worship, let’s remember to give our best to Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your Son Jesus. Today, I surrender all to You. I ask that You shape me into the person You want me to be. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

2 Samuel 22:4 “I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies.

bluidkiti 03-14-2016 10:09 AM

March 14

Psalm 105:1 Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. - Philippians 1:6

2 Peter 1:5-8 - 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:11-13 — I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

If the Lord brings wealth, praise the Lord. I'm going to use the wealth to push the Kingdom forward, to glorify Christ, to serve Him completely. Openhanded, I will say "All is yours." If it is poverty, praise the Lord. Openhanded, I will trust Him to provide everything I need to be all He's asked me to be. Either way, I'm all good. It does not matter what befalls me, good or bad. It doesn't matter if everyone loves me or everyone hates me. It does not matter if I'm healthy or sick. It does not matter if everything works like I want it to or if nothing does. I have learned to be content in everything. I learned it from God's Word, and I have learned it from God's providence. — Matt Chandler's "To Live Is Christ, To Die Is Gain"

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5

Numbers 6:24-26 - 24 “ ‘ “The LORD bless you and keep you; 25 the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” ’

dwmoeller 03-14-2016 10:46 AM

I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. - Ezekiel 11:19

Thought: God can touch hearts and change them. May He touch yours today.

bluidkiti 03-15-2016 07:41 AM

March 15

1 John 3:5 (NIV) But you know that Jesus appeared so that He might take away our sins. And in Him is no sin.

Thought: He came perfect and stayed that way, despite every trial and temptation.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. - Psalm 143:10

Matthew 5:14-16 — "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

Proverbs 3:3-4 (NIV) - Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.

2 Corinthians 4:6 - 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

dwmoeller 03-15-2016 09:01 AM

But in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. - Philippians 4:6

Thought: Pray. Pray. And Pray some more!

bluidkiti 03-16-2016 07:00 AM

March 16

If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. - James 3:13

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 138:2 (NLT): I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

Today’s Thought: There is something that changes in our lives when we bow before God, praise & honor God. Today, let’s thank Him for all His wonderful blessings in our lives.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for all of Your blessings that You have given me. Thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die for my sins. I pray that You help me stay in a constant state of gratitude today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Luke 15:3-7 — Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

It may seem foolish for a shepherd to leave 99 sheep to search for just one. But the shepherd knew that the 99 would be safe in the sheepfold, whereas the lost sheep was in danger. Because each sheep was of high value, the shepherd knew that it was worthwhile to search diligently for the lost one. God's love for each individual is so great that he seeks each one out and rejoices when he or she is "found." Jesus associated with sinners because he wanted to bring the lost sheep — people considered beyond hope — the gospel of God's Kingdom. Before you were a believer, God sought you, and his love is still seeking those who are yet lost.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. —John 3:16-17

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

2 Timothy 2:22 (NIV) - Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,

Cast your burden on the Lord, and God will sustain you. Psalm 55:2

dwmoeller 03-16-2016 09:29 AM

It is by grace you have been saved. - Ephesians 2:5

Thought: The cross -- God's answer to sin; our way to freedom!

dwmoeller 03-17-2016 09:10 AM

Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more. - Hebrews 10:17

Thoughts: God Loves You! Now that is good news.

bluidkiti 03-17-2016 09:32 AM

March 17

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me-everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:9

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 3:13-14 (NLT): Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold.

Today’s Thought: Wisdom is talked about a lot – especially in the book of Proverbs. Why? Because our enemy – satan – is very wise. He knows how to twist the truth to make us believe anything. We must be wise so we don’t fall in the traps of the enemy!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me become wiser each day. I ask that You teach me how to see the traps of the enemy so I do not fall for them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Luke 10:41-42 — "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed — or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Problems are a part of life. They are inescapable, woven into the very fabric of this fallen world. We tend to go into problem-solving mode all too readily, acting as if we had the capacity to fix everything. This is a habitual response, so automatic that it bypasses our conscious thinking. Not only does this response frustrate us, it also distances us from Christ. We must not let "fixing things" be our top priority. We are ever so limited in our capacity to correct all that is wrong in the world around us. Let's not weigh ourselves down with responsibilities that are not our own. Instead, we must make our relationship with Christ our primary concern. Talk with him about whatever is on your mind, seeking his perspective on the situation. Rather than trying to fix everything that comes to our attention, ask him to show us what is truly important. Remember, we are "en route to heaven." may we let our problems fade in the light of eternity.

Psalm 23:1-3 - 1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

bluidkiti 03-18-2016 04:46 AM

March 18

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 34:1 (NLT): I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.

Today’s Thought: Praising God at all times does not come naturally. Instead, you have to teach yourself how to. He is worthy of all our praises no matter what we are going through today. Let’s stay in a constant state of praise today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving me. I ask that You help me learn to praise You no matter what I’m going through today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And we, who with unveiled faces all [contemplate and] reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. —2 Corinthians 3:18

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2

bluidkiti 03-19-2016 09:51 AM

March 19

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him. - Proverbs 2:8

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 7:28-29 (NLT): When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority—quite unlike their teachers of religious law.

Today’s Thought: Jesus’ words were amazing back then and still are today! When you read His words, you often see something new each time. Why? Because His words are so powerful. We too can teach with the same power He has. We just have to be obedient and open our mouth when He tells us to.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me know Your voice so I can be obedient to You . In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 3:16 — For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Do you know God? If God seems like a stranger, it may be because you haven't accepted His invitation to come to Him. Jesus loves humankind so much that He came to earth to die in our place and suffer the consequences of our sin. If you'll believe in Christ — that He came for YOU — and receive His offer of forgiveness, you can start developing an intimate relationship with Him today.

Galatians 5:22-23 - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2

bluidkiti 03-20-2016 05:07 AM

March 20

1 Peter 2:2-3 - 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 8:35,38-39 NIV Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Psalm 37:8-9 - 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. 9 For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

bluidkiti 03-21-2016 08:49 AM

March 21

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 34:10 (NLT): Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a hard thing to learn but also critical in our relationship with God. God will take care of His children. Guaranteed! You can always trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn how to trust You in every area in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Jeremiah 17:7-8 - 7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. 8 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. Psalm 119:2

Leviticus 20:8 Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the LORD, who makes you holy.

dwmoeller 03-21-2016 09:37 AM

Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me. - Ephesians 3:8

Thought: From the least to the greatest, God freely gives His forgiveness to all who believe in Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti 03-22-2016 07:34 AM

March 22

1 John 3:16 (NIV) This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we out to lay down our lives for our brothers.

Thought: Do what it takes to deliver the gospel near and far. People are waiting to get the Good News.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1

Ephesians 6:10-11 - 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Luke 10:27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

bluidkiti 03-23-2016 09:09 AM

March 23

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many. - Matthew 20:28

Today’s Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:8-9 (NLT): So the LORD called a third time, and once more Samuel got up and went to Eli. “Here I am. Did you call me?” Then Eli realized it was the LORD who was calling the boy. So he said to Samuel, “Go and lie down again, and if someone calls again, say, ‘Speak, LORD, your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went back to bed.

Today’s Thought: God longs to speak to each one of us. However, sometimes we do not know when He is speaking just as Samuel did. However, the more you spend time with God, the easier it will become!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to know Your voice. I am listening. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

2 Peter 1:5-11 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8

dwmoeller 03-23-2016 09:27 AM

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. - Galatians 2:20

Thought: Once we were dead in sin. Now we are truly alive in Christ!

bluidkiti 03-24-2016 07:24 AM

March 24

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

Philippians 2:1-4 NIV If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Joel 2:12-13 - 12 “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” 13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

bluidkiti 03-25-2016 07:56 AM

March 25

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. - Romans 5:8

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Ephesians 6:14-16 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42

Matthew 6:14-15 - 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

bluidkiti 03-26-2016 07:21 AM

March 26

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. —Galatians 3:26-27

Philippians 1:29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,

1 John 4:15 NIV If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.

Daniel 9:9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;

bluidkiti 03-27-2016 09:01 AM

March 27

Psalm 62:7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?" - John 11:25-26

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NLT): In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: Love goes a long way. “For God so LOVED the world….” We need to demonstrate the love of God to people that God has put in our life. It may be a co-worker, customer, friend or maybe oven a cashier!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for loving me just the I am. I ask that You put people on my path today that need You. I also ask that You show me how to love people just as You love them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

Isaiah 40:8 NIV "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,